+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another best LOMC cartridge for €1k thread

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Audio View Post
    Phasemation's new PP-200 will be a contender in this price bracket, and I expect it to be available soon. Phasemation cartridges are beautifully built, have lower surface noise than most MC cartridges, and quite literally track like trains.

https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...oil-cartridge/
    https://www.phasemation.com/product/pp-200.html

I was going to mention Phasemation, but I hadn’t heard one, they look nice too.

I'm Kevin.

They do look nice, but my OCD would start kicking in a bit with a blue cartridge on a red arm tube.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by prestonchipfryer View Post
    I use an AT-ART9XI. This is the replacement for the ART 9 and is a step-up in SQ over the ART 9. The AT-ART9XI is 200 quid or so more than the original ART 9.
    A reliable source at Audio Technica told me that the inner workings are exactly the same and the only difference to the cart is that it now has threaded screw holes, the new Art 9 range actually replace the Art 7 and Art 9. Maybe the difference you're hearing is a new cart against one which is worn out.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Geoff.

I wouldn't look past AT.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    They do look nice, but my OCD would start kicking in a bit with a blue cartridge on a red arm tube.
    Eek, that definitely wouldn't look right.

What about the new Hana Unami Red, a snip at £3400

Right colour though

I'm Adrian.

If you consider a Benz Micro the it may be worth having a chat with Henrik at https://www.lydprodukter.dk/60-low-output-mc he is a Benz Micro main dealer and holds a large stock, and often has some very good offers, his prices are very good anyway. He is very knowledgeable and helpful, one of the better dealers IMO.

I have nothing to do with his business, just had some excellent customer service from him in the past.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Gerard.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    If you consider a Benz Micro the it may be worth having a chat with Henrik at https://www.lydprodukter.dk/60-low-output-mc he is a Benz Micro main dealer and holds a large stock, and often has some very good offers, his prices are very good anyway. He is very knowledgeable and helpful, one of the better dealers IMO.

I have nothing to do with his business, just had some excellent customer service from him in the past.
    They do look competitive whilst we remain the EU. £600 for an ACE SL is best part of £200 saving ( assuming there is no additional sales tax). Cost of postage needs to be considered.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Gerry

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    They do look competitive whilst we remain the EU. £600 for an ACE SL is best part of £200 saving ( assuming there is no additional sales tax). Cost of postage needs to be considered.

I have the advantage that I am remaining in the EU. Things in the U.K. are likely to become expensive in January until all the bumps are sorted out, but that could take some time.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post

He ships all over the world with a good courier and I think passes on business rates. He usually as a few ex-demos up his sleeve for great prices as well.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    A reliable source at Audio Technica told me that the inner workings are exactly the same and the only difference to the cart is that it now has threaded screw holes, the new Art 9 range actually replace the Art 7 and Art 9. Maybe the difference you're hearing is a new cart against one which is worn out.
    No I don't think that is the case. My older ART 9 has less than 100 hours use. I have found the newer version to be a step-up in SQ to my ears.

The AT-ART9XA replaces the ART 7 which has a lower output than the ART 9XI. The AT-ART1000 remains at the top and is bright sounding compared to the other cheaper models.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast