Hi Everyone,

So the vinyl revival show's no sign of stopping, saying that I think it is time we stop calling it a revival as I would say Vinyl is now here to stay good and proper, it has seen off that pesky challenger in the form of CD and rightly so, the only reason really that vinyl has shown such dexterity is because it just sounds so damn fine, I know there is the whole nostalgia thing and us humans like to own stuff but at the end of the day the main reason vinyl is now so strong is because it just sounds so right, for me if you love your music then you really do need a turntable in your system.

So bearing this in mind I am really pleased to announce that we are now have the new SME Model 6 turntable on demo + we have the awesome Model 20 that will soon be installed into our Reference System as it can't really be a Reference System without a turntable and for me SME are amongst the best in the world so the Model 20 will fit in there just perfectly.

SME Model 6

So this is a really exciting new turntable from SME, hardly entry level at £5995 but this is now where the SME range starts and it is unmistakably an SME thanks to it's stunning build quality and design, from what I understand it is made from a premium high density aircraft grade material that is exclusive to SME but once you experience it in the flesh you really can appreciate the quality, we have partnered our Model 6 with one of my favourite cartridges, the Kiseki Blue, I have found the Kiseki's really work well with SME as SME's are a very honest presentation but the Kiseki's just add a touch of warmth to give that lovely analogue sound. We are one of the first in the world to have the Model 6 on demo so please feel free to get in touch to book a demo, this price point is new ground for SME but I can see it being very popular indeed as it really does sound fantastic.

SME Model 20

There isn't a lot I can say about the SME Model 20 to be honest as it really is a classic high performance turntable, coming in at over 30 kg's just shows how well engineered this turntable is, when I started thinking of putting a turntable into our reference system the Model 20 was top of my list, fitted with the SME Series V tonearm it really is a stunning turntable but any turntable is only as good as it cartridge, now I love Dynavector so I thought there is no point in mucking around so we decided on the top of the range £5995 DRT XV-1t to partner it, still deciding on the phono stage to be honest but hope to have it installed into the Reference system very soon as I just can't wait to hear it.

So we now have 4 SME Turntables on demo from the new Model 6, then the Model 12, 15 and 20 so if you'd like to take your vinyl playback to the next level please feel free to get in touch.

Please find some pics below, first of the Model 6 then the 20 and a link to SME on our website -

https://hifilounge.co.uk/product-cat...urntables-sme/

Cheers,
Paul.