+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Arcam Alpha CD player and Delta 80 tuner.

I'm Shane.

Default FS: Arcam Alpha CD player and Delta 80 tuner.

Selling my Arcam Alpha CD player. Jane bought this for my 40th birthday in 1992, so I’m sad to see it go but it just doesn’t get used any more as all my CDs are ripped to a hard drive attached to my router.
    It’s in decent condition with a couple of minor marks on the top, and of course it was one of the implementations of the TDA1541 DAC. As such it’s one of the most natural and least “digital-sounding” CD players around.
    Remote control included,
    £80.

I also have a matching Arcam Delta 80 tuner. Basically this was an update of the old A&R T21 circuit whick was renowned for its sweet sound. Don’t have a mains lead for this one, but otherwise it’s in excellent condition.
    £30.

As with my other items, these can be collected from south Devon or South Somerset, or I can deliver for a reasonable distance for the cost of the diesel. Otherwise P&P will be £15 for either, or for both if you buy them together. Just need to find some transit screws for the CD player...

That Arcam Alpha brings back memories. It was my first serious CD player bought in the early 90s from a hi fi shop in Cambridge. Think it cost me around £400 at the time.

Loved it. I had it "upgraded" to the Alpha Plus but with hindsight I think that was a bad move as it probably lost that lively DAC chip. I then moved on to an Arcam transport and separate DAC (Black Box) because it was supposed to sound better but I doubt it did.

Like you, I now have everything on a hard drive or stream but somehow those early CDPs had a liveliness and energy that I don't get these days, or is that just my imagination?

GLWS.

I'm Shane.

Bump!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Adrian.

PM sent
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Shane.

Bump!

I'm Shane.

Bump! Still here….

I'm Lawrence.

I used to have one, great CDP and also a great transport.

I'm Andy.

Hi Shane

Tried to send you a message......failed miserably..... as your Inbox is full !! I am interested in the CD player and live in windy North Devon so not too many miles away

Send me a pm if its still available ?

Andy

I'm Shane.

Hi Andy, inbox now clear, and CD player is still available!

I'm Peter.

I still use my Arcam Alpha CD player occasionally, obviously bought in early 90s, and yes it cost £400 at the time, but mostly I play vinyl... Something about the sound, and also the process...

Sent using Tapatalk
    Pete

Micro Seiki DD40/MA505/Denon DL304
    Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL
    Musical Fidelity X-A200R
    ATC scm11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast