+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Simaudio Moon 180 Mind - Network player

I'm Rob.

Default FS: Simaudio Moon 180 Mind - Network player

I am selling my much loved Simaudio Moon 180 Mind network player. It is the best sounding streaming solution I've owned. I'm selling it because I've managed to get myself a Moon Mind 2, which is a the latest model (same sound but adds a remote, bluetooth and standby select).

Review here of player and software

My 180 replaced a number of streaming solutions in my systems - in particular a range of Raspberry Pis which it easily outshone IMO. For the last couple of years I've used it primarily to play music stored on a Melco NAS. I prefer playing via the Moon rather than directly from the Melco to my DAC. The sound is a little less edgy and natural via the Moon.

The player connects to a computer network (RJ45 or Wireless) and allows you to play locally stored files (on NAS for example) and to stream from the likes of Tidal and Qobuz.

Control is via Simaudio's Moon Mind Software which I've used mainly on a cheap Android tablet as well as my phone. Please note this player has version one of Moon Mind software, so IS NOT Roon compliant. It can be upgraded to Mind 2, but that will cost more than I'm asking for this player! The player is also DLNA compliant so can also be controlled via the likes of BubbleUPNP.

Please note this player does not have a DAC stage, and a DAC input (dedicated DAC or Amp input) is required. For me, that was one of the reasons I chose it - It has allowed my to upgrade my DAC a number of times and retain the great streaming behaviour I love.

MIND STREAMING MODULE FEATURES:
    UPnP Renderer (Universal Plug & Play)
    DLNA 1.5 Compatibility
    Online content from vTuner Internet Radio & "Music Services" upgrades
    Local Playlists, Gapless Playback & Silent track scanning
    File Support up to 24-bit/192kHz for all file formats
    Supported file formats: Wave, FLAC, FLAC HD, AIF, AAC, ALAC, MP3 (vbr/cbr), WMA-9 ,OGG Vorbis
    S/PDIF, TosLink & AES/EBU digital outputs
    100Base-T RJ45 Ethernet interface & IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi interface inputs
    WEP, WPA, WPA2 Wi-Fi encryption support

Also included is a MCRU power supply, which works very nicely with this player. I have the original box for the player but not for the PSU, but can package both together for delivery.

I'm looking for £500 including the power supply - if you compare that with prices on ebay that means I'm effectively including the PSU for free. Postage extra or collection welcome.

Rob.