+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Bryston BDA-1 DAC

I'm Rob.

Default FS: Bryston BDA-1 DAC

Selling my lovely Bryston BDA-1 DAC. It's been my main DAC for a couple of years and I've been really pleased with it. It's a really great sounding solidly built DAC with more inputs than you can shake a cat at.

From the Stereophile Review:

The Bryston BDA-1 let me enjoy the best-sounding digital playback I've ever heard in my listening room, outshining even Bryston's own BCD-1 CD player. This might be related to the fact that the BDA-1 has two Crystal CS4398s vs the BCD-1's single chip.

The Bryston BDA-1 has become an essential part of my listening experience. Mated to my Quad ESL-989 loudspeakers and used with Bel Canto's USB Link 24/96, the BDA-1 let me enjoy hi-rez files downloaded from the Internet, producing open highs, detailed imaging, deep soundstaging, and well-defined and authoritative bass that connected me to those crucial elements of music: pace, rhythm, and emotion. And, yes, the BDA-1 also let me enjoy a higher level of musical dimensionality and realism. As Bob Reina did when he added the Audio Research Reference 110 amplifier to his reference system, at the end of my listening sessions for the BDA-1, I put down my notebook and picked up my checkbook. I give the BDA-1 my heartfelt recommendation for the highest rating in Stereophile's "Recommended Components."

However, I would add the review is 10 years old, and digital has moved on. That means this is still a great sounding DAC, but in particular the USB input is not up there with the best.

The DAC can be controlled by remote, but DOES NOT include a Bryston remote. I used a Logitech Harmony 600 very successfully.

If like me you don't use USB a great deal and want a lovely sounding solidly made DAC, this is a great option IMO. Soundwise, it's taken a PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell to better it in my system, and not by much .... and I miss having all those inputs.

I'd like £600 for it plus postage. Collection welcome.

Includes original packaging

Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Rob.

Bump
    Rob.