+ Reply to Thread

Thread: power and pcb upgrades

I'm gerald.

Default power and pcb upgrades

I have Just picked up a MCRU power supply as the deck is coming apart I want to upgrade the pcb power reg and capacitors tried the search and cant find the thread .A friend of mine repairs pcb`s all day long and she is going to do it for me so what can be done on the board thinking of these
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TECHNICS-...53.m1438.l2649and this kit
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technics-...sAAOSwoQleWXI6
    or can anyone recommend any other kits or do I go old school if it ain`t broke dont fix it !!!

Advice please

I'm Ian.

Im not aware of the electronics in the MCRU power supply but I would assume that it has is own high performance power regulator?
    Can someone clarify this ?
    If Im correct you will not need to upgrade the Techie regulator as it will be redundant.
    The positive output from the MCRU unit will connect into the technics board where the existing regulator used to and the negative to ground

Id try your techie with the new power supply before doing anything else.
    Way back, Dimkasta and I did some work on our own decks and we found that best improvements came from having a good Power regulator and adding additional mini regulators to supply sub sections of the electronics. There is a thread on the forum covering this.

Hopefully someone who has already installed a Power supply similar to yours will clarify.
    Technics 1200 tweaked,Ianmac Bearing,DACT DIY Phono Pre, Belcanto CD-2, Engineered Switzerland DIY Renderer, Benchmark DAC2, Hypex NCore, ATC SCM40
    2nd system --Engineered Switzerland DIY streamer, Sony CDP11,Topping D50 DAC, Hypex NCore. Kef 1point2 speakers. Ianmac Filters

+ Reply to Thread