+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Essex

I'm Paul.

Smile Hello from Essex

Hi,

Just a quick post by way of introduction.

I've been reading posts on-and-off for many years, so thought it was time to join the community!

My hifi journey started out with a Sansui SR222 MkII, Ortofon FF15E, Trio amp and Monitor Audio MA5 Mk II speakers. Progressed via a Focus One turntable, Nytech CTA252XD, LP12 Valhalla/Rega 300, Ion Obelisk 3/X-Pak, Ruark Swordsmans (...men?!). Then life got in the way and most of the equipment was sold, only for my interest to be rekindled in the mid-2000s. Acquired a Thorens TD125/SME plinth/3009, Sugden amps, Spendor BC1s. Purchased a CR Developments Romulus valve integrated, Paul Hynes Design valve phono stage and changed the BC1s for my current IMF Super Compact IIs. Always wanted to try a Mission 774, so experimented with this on the Thorens with mixed results, so jumped at the chance of a Mission 775S deck which came with another 774 arm - had a new tonearm cable fitted by Audio Origami (big improvement) and have used a variety of cartridges over the years (favourites have included a Rega R100 and Entré EC-1 (the latter used with a Lentek head amp). Recently had a chance of an Inca Tech Claymore amp, which I'm very pleased with.

That's about it for my hifi bio - looking forward to joining in....and maybe picking some sizeable hifi brains along the way!!

Paul

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Paul,

Some nice gear you have had in the past. What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Paul. Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site, I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi Paul,
    Welcome to AOS!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

+ Reply to Thread