About me
Semi-retired business copywriter, PR consultant and editor, celebrating a 50-year interest in audio. Remembering when Tottenham Court Road was ‘Mecca’ and the place to go for early transistor amps like my Pioneer SA-500A, and others from Sansui, Trio, Nikko, Rotel...and Quad, of course. Nothing much has changed!

My system
A hotch-potch of new and vintage, a fair reflection of my financial situation since 1991, when I bought my first serious turntable! So, here goes:

Space Deck/Hadcock GH242SE/Music Maker III cartridge + Concordant Excelsior/Explicit PSU + refurbed Quad 303 + Audio Note CD2.1x/II player + AN-K SPe and AX-2 speakers. The 303, CDP and speakers are keepers.

Music
Progressive rock to classical and back.

Forum history
Occasional contributor to a few, but mainly an-all Audio Note one devoted to fans of the brand. I’m hoping The Art of Sound will give me some fresh perspective on my system – also planning to chip in with the odd thought of my own, too.

Have always been interested in vintage gear (Quad IIs, Leak Stereo 20, ESL57s and 63s etc have come and gone), so perhaps there’s a route different to the all-AN one I’m considering. Value for money has always been a major consideration and always will be.

I’m looking forward to it!

Andimac