+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello All from North Surrey

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Stephen.

Default Hello All from North Surrey

A quick hello, I found this forum whilst looking for detail on some speakers and found there was a thread that mentioned my village. Unfortunately the record store in West Molesey (Langleys) is no more the owner having been forced out some four years ago by the newly privatised Royal Mail.

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/sur...-mail-11946465

So, what do I have here that might be of interest ?

Not a lot, I love my pair of very comfortable H6 headphones, they make everything sound good - except Adele, not the fault of the equipment - when plugged into the ageing iPad, plus the inline mute/volume control works. Their only downside manifests itself in summer temperatures with sweaty ears.

I have some vinyl sitting in the back room, played on a linear deck, part of an Akai 313 music centre I bought new over 35 years ago (stop sniggering), but there is an acceptable turntable ready to take over once I find a reasonably priced amplifier. Stupidly I threw out a Rotel receiver (RX52 ) some years ago which I could probably have repaired for next to nothing, but I do have a Marantz thing that I will take the lid off when I get a few moments spare

Other stuff here, non high fidelity but not far off, a pair of Denon M51s that the Akai does well with, plus a standalone five speaker smart home device that I was working on a few years back when I was dealing with the technology in France. It's defunct , class D throughout but the app still works, including the Dragon style voice activated search engine so I can listen to few thousand internet radio stations and podcasts hanging out in the ether.

Hopefully I can provide some input to questions that skirts near the technical side of the forum, repairs and such like since I have been working in the TV and satellite industry for far too long not to have got my hands dirty with screwdrivers, various hammers, heatsink paste and 60/40 solder.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Channel Hopper; 22-10-2020 at 20:54.

+ Reply to Thread