+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That was twenty years ago.

But if you want a suit that really fits properly it's the only way to go.
    I was always lucky in my younger days that I was an exact 40/34 fit so didn't need to worry too much. The only thing missing was that bespoke tucked in look around the waist on the jacket following the curve of the body.

I've seen a few people with badly made tailored suits where the material did not sit flat. I wouldn't have accepted that off the tailor but I guess some people have no idea what a nice suit should look like.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

I used to get clothes made back in the late 80s, tailor was Italian too. I should get some made now, cos I waste alot of money buying off the peg only to discard it months later. I'm 6ft2 but only 75 kilo, with medium/wide shoulders, but obviously not a lot of muscle, in other words, flat. It sucks buying clothes!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Simon.

Default Stoke

Hi Martin
    Fantastic pictures, for my sins have worked at the Council for years and years so know it all well.
    Cheers
    Simon

I'm Martin.

went for a walk down the river path, took a snapshot on the way. Came out quite well. Hard to believe this is only a few hundred yards from my house:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

You need to cut your grass Martin.
    Barry

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I was always lucky in my younger days that I was an exact 40/34 fit so didn't need to worry too much. The only thing missing was that bespoke tucked in look around the waist on the jacket following the curve of the body.

I've seen a few people with badly made tailored suits where the material did not sit flat. I wouldn't have accepted that off the tailor but I guess some people have no idea what a nice suit should look like.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I have trouble getting an off the peg suit as I am 44/34 with slightly shorter than normal legs.
    It is a blinking nightmare.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    went for a walk down the river path, took a snapshot on the way. Came out quite well. Hard to believe this is only a few hundred yards from my house:

Is that the River Trent? I thought it would be bigger, even Marco would feel safe paddling in that
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have trouble getting an off the peg suit as I am 44/34 with slightly shorter than normal legs.
    It is a blinking nightmare.
    you should try being me mate

try premierman and jacamo, if you have a uk /channel isles address they could deliver to.. they cater for all sizes really. stuff isnt too bad either.

or you can get one made by hockerty or itailor.... ive used them and they are quite good too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Is that the River Trent? I thought it would be bigger, even Marco would feel safe paddling in that
    It is probably Cockster Brook.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    you should try being me mate

try premierman and jacamo, if you have a uk /channel isles address they could deliver to.. they cater for all sizes really. stuff isnt too bad either.

or you can get one made by hockerty or itailor.... ive used them and they are quite good too
    Thanks, but I have found a reasonably priced tailor in Toulouse. I get the suit with the jacket that fits, and they take the trousers in. Not sure how much longer I will need that service though...
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast