+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke

I'm Martin.

Default Stoke

Some great pictures here, taken on a day when the weather was decent (not taken by me though). All these locations are within a couple of hundred yards of my place:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/futuri...64396050/page1
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Some great pictures here, taken on a day when the weather was decent (not taken by me though). All these locations are within a couple of hundred yards of my place:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/futuri...64396050/page1
    Some very interesting architecture there, Martin - Stoke looks pretty nice to me, much better than you would have us believe - I'd had the impression it looked like the opening credits for Coronation street, in the days when it was black & white

Do you go in that Old Swan Inn when you're feeling homesick for Liverpool?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Andrew.

Remember doing my MSc at Staffs Uni and getting pissed a lot at either Manley or Newcastle under Lyme. Happy days....
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post

Do you go in that Old Swan Inn when you're feeling homesick for Liverpool?
    lol. It's not a pub anymore. When it was they had a round pool table. Anytime you went in it would be the same three old geezers who would cadge drinks off you so we used to avoid it mostly.

The pics are a bit out of date in places. The tailor, sweet shop and cobblers have all since closed and the record shop moved up to Hanley. The cobblers is a trendy gin bar now. All the banks are gone too except LLoyds.

All the old buildings are listed thankfully, or the idiots on the council would have knocked them all down by now. Even then it doesn't always stop them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Remember doing my MSc at Staffs Uni and getting pissed a lot at either Manley or Newcastle under Lyme. Happy days....
    I think you might mean Hanley, unless you're talking about some "Gentlemen's" club catering for specific tastes I've had a couple of nights out in Hanley, sleeping over in some student digs. But both times it was dark when we got there, and we were too hung over next day to appreciate the ambience.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Some of those look seriously pre 1980s, I take it you get your clothes tailored at S.Velentis?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Some of those look seriously pre 1980s, I take it you get your clothes tailored at S.Velentis?
    He did a couple of suits for me but he died a couple of years back. A real character., Sicilian and about five foot one. Looked a lot like Joe Pesci.

The shop had not been touched inside since it was built. He always have Italian TV on in the back via satellite. And he chain smoked cigars so your new suit would smell of cigar smoke.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    He did a couple of suits for me but he died a couple of years back. A real character., Sicilian and about five foot one. Looked a lot like Joe Pesci.

The shop had not been touched inside since it was built. He always have Italian TV on in the back via satellite. And he chain smoked cigars so your new suit would smell of cigar smoke.
    You have suits made? Who has suits made these days!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Martin.

That was twenty years ago.

But if you want a suit that really fits properly it's the only way to go.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Someone with more money than I. However I'm happy wearing old, shit clothes as it gives me value for money and more to spend on Hi-Fi.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast