+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS Troels Gravesen Faital 3WC-15 high sensitivity floor standers

I'm Gavin.

Default FS Troels Gravesen Faital 3WC-15 high sensitivity floor standers

These speakers are the original ones as built by Troels - I was lucky enough to buy them off him directly as he was short on space and another one of his projects had to be moved on. Speakers will come with full build / crossover details.

3-driver speaker - the 18 SOUND 8NMB420 midrange is superb, best mid-range I've heard.
    Dimensions: 45 x 42 x 96 cm, WxDxH.
    System sensitivity: 95-96 dB/2.8V/1 meter.
    Impedance: 4-8 Ohms, minimum 4.6 Ohms.
    Point of crossover: 230 and 2800 Hz, 2nd order crossovers (LR2).
    Power requirement: 15+ watts/channel.
    Power handling: ~400 watts.

UK buyer preferred, free delivery in England/Wales - dispatch outside of this possible but it might be costly.

Asking £3000 based on parts cost - good deal considering the kit price and sheer amount of baltic birch plywood used and huge amount of time Troels put into these.

They put most commercial speakers to shame - for example Spendor D7.2 at over £4K is nowhere near the performance of these (I have directly compared). I personally believe something like the Spendor classic range or ATC SCM100 SE would be a more comparable speaker.

These ones are fitted with the beryllium tweeter.

These have similar DNA as ‘The Loudspeaker’ but in a smaller package.

Original webpage for the build:http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Faital-3WC-15.htm

These are the exact speakers for sale:

Faital-3WC-15_final_1.jpgFaital-15-cabinet_1200_B.jpgworkshop.jpg[/URL]

Condition is mint.
    Last edited by stretchneck; 19-10-2020 at 08:07.

I'm Geoff.

You need to display full sized photos for items over £250 Gavin. Please read the rules.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...tos-in-adverts
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gavin.

I'm Gavin.

I can't get the attachments to show any larger... Anyhow these photos are accurate and correct.

I'm Patrick.

You need to click on your thumbnail picture to bring it up full size, then right click on it and copy image location, then paste it in your post between [img] tags

like this:
    [img]https://theartofsound.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28741&d=1603047489[/ img] (remove the space in the / tag)

I'm Geoff.

Further attention still required here.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gavin.

Cheers - done now. Obviously these are stock photos, but completely representative. Due to the weight of these I would prefer to deliver them in person, so therefore buyer will get to inspect goods prior to payment.

I have run them with a number of amplifiers, Troels runs them off an EAR 861 and I also found it to be a good match. Happy to advise on other matching components. Given the right sources they can cast a very nice wide soundstage.

I'm Geoff.

Shot yourself in the foot there Gavin . Did you not read the rules I linked you to? Stock photos are not permitted (unless it's your stock). You need to show your own photos of your speakers. Use a free image hosting service, it's not difficult. Clear, well lit, front and rear views of proper size are needed.

I'm Gavin.

Ah, well at lest I'm upfront about it. They're now in storage, but just to show you that they are mine, here's my own photo (only one I have, sorry).

thumbnail.jpg

I'm Gavin.

Speakers now sold

+ Reply to Thread