+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Cayin Vacuum Tube Preamplifier

I'm Justin.

Default FS: Cayin Vacuum Tube Preamplifier

Thought I had sold this elsewhere but the fellow failed to pay.

A modified Cayin SC-10 produced in very limited numbers for Hit Audio.

This is a valve rectified design and it is the size and weight of a fairly decent stereo tube amp.

In short, I found it to be excellent. Better than a EAR 868PL by a really significant margin. Well, I thought so and used it for quite a few years.

It's really well finished, too, with a substantial aluminium chassis.

It has remote control of volume and input select and a mute function too.

You can have endless fun rolling the rectifiers with 274B, 5R4WGA (pictured), 5U4G and loads more equivalents. The more you look and research, the more possibilities you will find.

Takes 4 6922 or E88CC. I have 4 rocket logo 6N23P somewhere which I will include along with the mashers pictured (the big valves).

I can also include some Tesla E88CC yellow print factory code 32 cross sword valves to get the best out of it. These really are the best of the best. The cross sword marking means they are military issues. I put Siemens in there and they are no better. From experience of Telefunken I can be fairly sure they won't be any better either. These will cost extra to be priced after I have tested them.

£900 collected from near Weston-super-Mare. In my estimation that's a massive bargain. The only thing that beat it over the years is my current Luxman pre at a new purchase price of £10K.

I can post it if required it's all packed up ready to send.

The rectifiers test as new. So do the rockets.

See pics there are a few marks but it still looks ace IMHO. The input selection LEDs have gone but the relays work fine. You can hear them click when changing inputs and they do give a feeling of quality.

Chi-Fi done right.

It's on eBay if you'd rather use that but it's pointless TBH.

I'm Justin.

Here's a clearer pic...

I'm Justin.

OK let's make this more attractive.

Not only do you get the potato masher rectifiers and Russian 6922 equivalents pictured below, but I'll chuck in the Tesla's too.

I paid a lot for these military cross sword issues. They lift the performance of this pre well above the Russian jobbies IMHO, to the extent that you have to wonder where all the hype for the Russian valves came from.

They should test at 13mA/V. My tester only goes as far as 10mA/V, but when I test them the needle leaps so fast to FSD I got worried about meter damage! So it's safe to assert these are all tipperty top I reckon.

Replacement remote below too. Much easier to use than the original.

Last edited by User211; 22-10-2020 at 15:14.

I'm Justin.

Extra pic showing this is a custom edition.

This is a great tube preamp gents. Get over the fact it is Chinese and you'll be laughing.

I'm Justin.

So some Googling to see what others were asking for this preamp in SC-10 form.

This is insanely cheap in comparison.

EU sellers were asking 5000 Euro new.

Note there is no front top cover as it was modified to take rectifiers that don't fit. It looks cooler for it with the large rectifiers poking out and the inside is really nicely finished.

I'm Grant.

sure it is.. it looks quality...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Am sorely tempted trying this as I know what a good valve amp can do to a system. Looking online it seems the others have a cover over the front as well as the back, does this come with one? Rather important with young children in the house!

I'm Justin.

See #5 Lawrence.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    See #5 Lawrence.
    Doh didn't see that, not going to work for me unfortunately but GLWS.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Justin.

Genuinely sold and paid for this time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast