+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Cayin Vacuum Tube Preamplifier

I'm Tristan.

Somebody had a cracking buy.

I'm Justin.

He's checking it out now Tristan. The chap who now owns it did his research and told me the C-100 was a 10th anniversary issue celebrating Cayin and they had gone absolutely balls out on it.

Nobody believed me when I said it was better than the EAR 868 I suspect but it bloody well is.

It really is a cracking preamp and I wonder whether I should have sold it TBH. I am also amazed at how long it took to sell.

I'm Martin.

As the buyer, thank you Justin. Justin is correct GZHIFI stated 'however, Cayin SC-10 is not as simple as an ordinary preamp This is the ace production of "Spark" to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the establishment of the factory.'
    I currently have the pre amp configured - source: Node 2i (with upgraded power-board), Gustard X-26 DAC. The pre-amp feeding highly modded Williamson design KT88 monos (top components/ materials such as Sowther etc) with a pair of Klipsch Chorus II (these have never sounded better) - super impressed by the contribution to SQ*from Cayin. Now for some rolling with the rectifiers and experimentation with isolation as recommended in the GZHIFI review.

I'm Justin.

Good to hear it is sounding good Martin.

Enjoy playing with it it really is very tunable with those rectifiers and 6922/E88CC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12