+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tannoy Cheviot Driver Mounting Bolts

I'm John.

Default Tannoy Cheviot Driver Mounting Bolts

Does anyone have a size for these or a reference site i can use please.

I have one missing and would like to replace the set whilst I'm at it.

Thanks John.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I'm John.

Just found the missing bolt and washers stuck to the driver. Someone clearly had a play and lost it prior to me buying them.

All sorted thanks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Edward.

John,

Will you be enhancing the Cheviots using the RFC recipe, as Micky and I did on our Berkeleys, or just leaving it as is?

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    John,

Will you be enhancing the Cheviots using the RFC recipe, as Micky and I did on our Berkeleys, or just leaving it as is?

§
    Crossovers are going to Paul on Monday for refurbishment. He did my Eatons about 3 years ago and they were brilliant afterwards. Always regretted selling them on. These Cheviots are staying here!!

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyj View Post
    Crossovers are going to Paul on Monday for refurbishment. He did my Eatons about 3 years ago and they were brilliant afterwards. Always regretted selling them on. These Cheviots are staying here!!
    Good stuff. Yes I know about regretting selling Eatons . I don't regret selling mine, as I did not (...sell them ).

Do ask Paul if it is worth you doing his silent coat and acoustic treatment recipe to your Cheviots. Both Micky and I found it highly worthwhile on our Berkeleys. And please say 'hi' to Paul.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Good stuff. Yes I know about regretting selling Eatons . I don't regret selling mine, as I did not (...sell them ).

Do ask Paul if it is worth you doing his silent coat and acoustic treatment recipe to your Cheviots. Both Micky and I found it highly worthwhile on our Berkeleys. And please say 'hi' to Paul.
    Already started on the silent coat and acoustic foam. Still getting the old foam out which is a bugger of a job.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyj View Post
    Already started on the silent coat and acoustic foam. Still getting the old foam out which is a bugger of a job.
    Without pictures no one will believe you John.

Yes the old foam is a bugger to get out. I used a new (therefore sharp) wood chisel and lay it as flat as possible to avoid digging into the cab.

I'm Geoff.

I think I may offer a Tannoy restoration service. There must be loads about now waiting to have all the 'improvements' undone .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread