+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Record Care Regime can i do better ?

I'm David.

The new model Knosti MKII + is a vast improvement over the original model in the red box, the rinsing kit is what I recommended to many people over the years its a no brainer.

For 300 LP's no sense wasting money on a Pro-Ject machine IMO.

The best RCM fluid is called The Right One (based on the fact I have used every RCM fluid known to man over the last 30 years (MoFi/Monks/Moth/L'art du son/etc etc)

Many people make up their own, I would rather get it right as I treasure my vinyl collection and these home brew mixtures never seem quite right to me.

Knosti's own fluid does a good job also.
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Maxwell.

Default Knosti V2

Hi, I recently got the Knosti V2, which, although it was my first, thought it did a very good job.

However, one reason I went for the V2, was the rubber seal, so it was very disappointing to see that it was too small, leaving about 0.5mm of label showing. On most records this was not an issue as they dried ok, but one one it has permanently left a few marks. A basic error for a new design. I have seen that someone offers a fix with a larger, new rubber seal, so might try that.

Also, I had read that the supplied mixture leaves residue in the needle, so opted to buy another solution.

Just wanted to offer these tips.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12