+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transparent Telly

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Well that was my thought, it’s something only ever seen in SF movies before. I can see the point that it will be much less imposing when switched off than current tellies, which do rather dominate today’s living rooms.
    But weren't they a much more vulgar imposition when CRT?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

What’s your point?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Of course, but the setup is almost ideal as it is in every other respect.
    Same here I have to say, and of course placing a TV anywhere opposing a window means watching it with a permanent reflection. My TV is covering a tiny part of one window, although the expansive windows are high in the room so it's not a bother at all, although I'm just about to upgrade to a 75" so I'm sure it'll cover a lot more, but there's still plenty of light.
    Main system:
    Ben Duncan Mains Conditioner > Mac mini running Fidelia / Samsung 55” TV > Audioquest Crimson USB / QED Reference Optical Quartz > Leema Acoustics Elements DAC > Chord Clearway XLRs > AD Audio bespoke balanced valve buffer stage (oiw) > Chord Clearway XLRs > Bel Canto Ref500S > Chord Clearway speaker cable > Reiver Acoustics Edingdales > Audioquest SLiP Neutrik Speakon > BK Double Gem sub

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Well that was my thought, it’s something only ever seen in SF movies before. I can see the point that it will be much less imposing when switched off than current tellies, which do rather dominate today’s living rooms.
    Maybe it's the SF influence that appeals to us. Equip an office with this type of display and you have the Command Centre / Bridge of (insert your favourite SF reference here...). Combine that with gesture / voice control, face recognition / biometrics and your modern day office would look like celluloid SF from as little as 10 years ago.
    Darren.
    Listening Room.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Turn Table. Garrard 401, Reso Mat, 2 Tier Slate Plinth, DIY Hadcock GH242, Nick G modded Lentek, Denon DL-103.
    Pre Amp. Croft Super Micro2. Power Amps Quad 405 Mono Blocks.
    Speakers. TBC

Home Cinema.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    DAC/Pre Amp. Oppo 105D.
    BDP/Streamer. Panasonic DP-UB820EB / Xbox One X
    Display. Optoma UHD300X / DIY False Black Window Screen.
    FBA. Raspberry Pi3B+, Wireworld Ultraviolet USB.
    Power Amps. 2 x Nakamichi AVP1.
    Front Speakers. DIY Baby Celestion Ditton 66. Surround Speakers. Celestion Ditton 11. Subwoofer TBC.

Old Gallery. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-of-the-70%92s

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenHW View Post
    Maybe it's the SF influence that appeals to us. Equip an office with this type of display and you have the Command Centre / Bridge of (insert your favourite SF reference here...).
    Well it won't be Blake's 7. Theirs was made from cardboard.
    The word is 'valves' in this country, not tubes. Tubes are what Smarties come in!

I'm Grant.

as 95% of tvs are next to a wall im not sure there is much of a market for them in this country.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**I’ve studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**
    "An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"
    Give me absolute control
    Over every living soul, I've seen the future, baby,
    It is murder!
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well it won't be Blake's 7. Theirs was made from cardboard.
    That was why The Liberator was the fastest ship in the galaxy. Weight saving.
    Current Lash Up:

*Oppo BDT-101CI* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I LOVE it, and would have one in shot! Simply because, as has been mentioned, a big black piece of plastic in your room (which is what a flat-screen TV is when not used) stuck on your wall is as ugly as sin, especially in an old house like ours...

Something clear, like glass, would 'disappear' in the room and therefore be much less intrusive... So, for me, bring it on!

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears” - John Lennon.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I LOVE it, and would have one in shot! Simply because, as has been mentioned, a big black piece of plastic in your room (which is what a flat-screen TV is when not used) stuck on your wall is as ugly as sin, especially in an old house like ours...

Something clear, like glass, would 'disappear' in the room and therefore be much less intrusive... So, for me, bring it on!

Marco.
    You can get tellies that look like a painting when in standby. Seen it on that Phil and Kirstie thing.
    Current Lash Up:

*Oppo BDT-101CI* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, that'd be quite cool, as long as you liked the painting

Marco.
    "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears” - John Lennon.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast