+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD:: Starter TT, amp and speakers - for a friend's daughter

I'm Graeme.

Default WTD:: Starter TT, amp and speakers - for a friend's daughter

Hi All

Looking for a starter TT system for my friend's daughter, he's convinced her that music is everything (a wise man).

So just TT, Amp & Speakers... he has a max budget of £200. (not including cable and connections).

I'm based in Newcastle, he's based in Epsom.

I know it may be a long shot.... she's wont be listening to X-Factor stuff...more the alternative side of life with guitars and proper lyrics

I'll put him in the way of this forum and this post also.

Thanks all

Graeme
    I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.

I'm John.

Okay I will start the ball rolling. I have a pair of JPW Sonatas here doing nothing so happy to offer them to this worthy cause at £30 collected from Chichester.
    Might even be able to get them delivered/dropped nearer (Coulsdon) as have a mate who plays golf somewhere around there.

I Also have an Ariston RD80SL with Linn LVx (no cartridge) I'd be willing to let go for £155.
    If he wanted the speakers and tt then I would do the pair for £170.

Plenty of sub £50 amps on eBay and a Goldring E1 or an AT91 should keep things pretty close to budget.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk
    Money may not make me happy.
    But it helps me afford the kind of misery I prefer.

SYSTEM 1:

Analogue.
    Brinkmann Bardo / 12" OL Enterprise Mk4 / Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum /BigBottle mk3 /MFA Baby Reference Pre/Nord One UP SE NC500M/Martin Logan Summit

Digital.
    Docet Lector CDP-7TL mkiii/Pimped Bluesound Node2 + BOTW SBooster Lps/ Pimped Mk1 Jolida Fx Glass DAC.

Wires etc.
    Audioplan Musicable ICs & TQ Black ll SC, assorted branded kettle leads.
    Target TT shelf & Alphason 5 shelf rack.
    Power Inspired AG1500S mains regen.

SYSTEM 2: Back to the 80s.

Garrard 401, RB250, A&R P77Mg / Mk1 Marantz CD63 SE / Sony TC-FX150 / Sansui T500L / Cambridge Audio C50 + 2x A50 as bridged monos (mid 80s Stan Curtis's design) / or KEF 104ab/ Original 80s Monster Cable IC, DNM SC / Target 5 shelf rack.

SPARE KIT:
    A&R E77Mg
    Ortofon 2M Silver + Blue stylus
    Philips CD600
    Arcam Alpha 8P
    Pro-Ject DacBox S FL
    CCA
    FiiO Taishan
    Heybrook HB1 S2
    Q Acoustics 3050

I'm inthescottishmafia.

That one Kevin was selling on Facebook no good?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Graeme.

hey Ali, I've no idea buddy, Kev is a good seller too. Paul said he would join AoS and reply to this thread.

I'm Graeme.

thanks buddy I've let him know about this thread.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

The one Rich put up on Facebook a few days ago. I believe you know him?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

I have an NEC integrated amp that has MC/MM input, plenty of wellie that you can have for £40 to promote the cause.

I'm Graham.

I can highly recommend an 80s Technics turntable as a great starter deck.
    If you want setup free convenience a T4P model is ideal.
    Available in traditional straight arm designs or ultra easy to use linear trackers. Given the amp and speaks offered so far, you will easily get one on ebay within your overall budget.
    I have tidied up a few models so I can pm you some of the models to look out for if interested.

I'm Graham.

Here's a couple of models that would be ideal

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/top...omment-2530010

Here is one I tidied up for my daughter.

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/top...-sl-j1-refurb/

Plenty of other good ones in the Technics stable.

I'm Andrew.

Not sure how far down the line this has gone but I will make this offer anyway . Problem is going to be getting the items collected as I have no boxes but the price is right . I have a Denon PMA250 iiii amplifier and a pair of Castle Warwick (original small stand mounts) speakers that are not doing anything. You can have them for free if you can get them collected and that leaves you with a very decent budget to spend on the TT and cartridge . The Denon has a very decent quality MM phono input that will be more than good enough to start with . PM me if you are interested .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast