+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: 6/7v 2a Linear Power Supply

I'm Dave.

Default WTD: 6/7v 2a Linear Power Supply

I'm looking for a linear power supply for a Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 (digital converter) to replace the 9v ifi Power supply I'm currently using.

The X-SPDIF2 requires DC 6~9V, ≥800mA and after looking through the internet it seems (and I can confirm) that the unit runs a bit warm using a 9v power supply.

So what I'm after is a 6/7v 2a linear power supply with a supply port outer diameter 5.5mm; inner diameter 2.1mm (+ for inner, - for outer).

Anything out there - up to about £150?

Cheers
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Dave.

I've had some more thoughts about my requirements and based on some suggestions I'm now looking for a 5V/2A power supply.

I don't seem to be able to change the thread title - is it possible for the admins to change to 5V 2a please?
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm inthescottishmafia.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread