+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Well Tempered RIAA Phono stage

I'm Tony.

Default The Well Tempered RIAA Phono stage

Hi.
    Has anyone on here heard, listened to or owns a Well Tempered RIIA phono stage. It retails for around £400 but I can get one with a big discount. I cannot find any reviews whatsoever but there seems to be a few big name dealers advertising them.
    Any opinions would be appreciated as I can't demo it.

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by russiansandamericans View Post
    Hi.
    Has anyone on here heard, listened to or owns a Well Tempered RIIA phono stage. It retails for around £400 but I can get one with a big discount. I cannot find any reviews whatsoever but there seems to be a few big name dealers advertising them.
    Any opinions would be appreciated as I can't demo it.
    Did you find this link?..

https://totallywired.nz/2019/07/08/t...s-phono-stage/

Not a magazine review as such, but a very extensive piece describing the unit from the country of origin......
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm Chris.

I lost interest when I read this....

"Lower frequencies travel more slowly than high, and over the broad frequency range this creates a real issue – the sound will effectively be smeared, and as a simplistic example, the bass will be out of time with the treble"

The speed of sound in a given medium is independent of frequency. Otherwise v=f×/| wouldn't be true. Or did I sleep through that particular lesson in physics?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Bass timing issues can arise in phono stages, this is what an LCR phono stage attempts to correct.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Tony.

Hi. That's not the one. This one here.
    https://www.welltemperedlab.net/prod...a-phono-stage/

I'm Tony.

Thanks for your input ��

+ Reply to Thread