+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free: Acoustic Research AR4 speakers. Collection only

I'm Edward.

Default Free: Acoustic Research AR4 speakers. Collection only

Free for any regular here. But collection only from London N2 (as no suitable boxes).

Acoustic Research AR4 speakers in rare pine finish. Size: 10 x 19 x 9 inches

I was given these by a neighbour. I did a light restore on the wood (0000 wire wool, Howard's Clean 'n Restore and Wax). Was going to do the caps, speakers sounded very good 'as is' so left that. One tweeter seems to be a replacement, but can't tell them apart acoustically. bass/mid drivers could do with a clean (easily done).

Need the space so free to a regular. These go for silly money normally - check out hifishark for example.

Check out this link for history of the AR4 speakers.

more pictures can be found here.

Actually I also have empty AR4X cabs (to practice on) and xovers which are also free. Huge 'Sprague' caps.

Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Very generous. These are lovely speakers, shame I already have standmounters .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

Thanks Geoff. Yes they are lovely.

Reserved for Lawrence.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Graham.

Very kind of you Ed! Hope you enjoy them Lawrence ��

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks guys funnily enough I was going to put up a wanted thread this weekend for some speakers to go with my new Gainclone amp but it looks like I can put that on hold for now

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Edward.

This is prompted by the need to declutter as we hope to move in November/December.

Anyone for a free Dual 515? Believed working (but needs small tlc to pitch wheel) but will be tossed out if not taken.

+ Reply to Thread