+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um - Mobile Fidelity One Step Super Vinyl Box Set

I'm Mike.

Get a £10 copy off ebay and spend the rest on crack, wine, or milky mars or whatever floats your boat.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Don't you just hate 'teaser' posts and threads.
    Well, the fact is that we are never going to buy it ... because we know there is never going to be enough off the £180 'shop' price to make it a sensible buy (as a record rather than as an investment that is).

I'm David.

Its true that a lot of high end vinyl does not appeal to everyone so please if you feel that way start your own thread about it.

I have my stocks now of the Mingus pressing.

CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Lawrence.

Can't comment on pressings but it's a great album and very well recorded so I bet it sounds great.

The bit in Goodbye Pork Pie Hat where the sax solo gets really reedy is one of my new component tests. Would love to hear it in the new pressing on a really good turntable.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm David.

A rather nice video from Dave Denyer un-boxing his copy.

Link to video
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Any AOS member who asked for one of these but has yet to send the money please note we have nearly run out and most of the new copies left are chancers on ebay who bought theirs to sell on at a profit so some are charging over £200 for a sealed copy.

Last few remaining are £150 each delivered in the UK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12