+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Current FM Tuners

I'm Laurie.

There’s a lot of sniffy views of Cyrus kit, hifi snobbery if you will. Shame as they make reliable upgradeable kit, that entertains when suitably matched ie pro ac, in Huntingdon (went to school round corner) using parts and materials sourced in uk and eu, case is made in Norway I think.
    I grew up being wowed by mission and Cyrus , 3 cheers for uk made kit, the signature range esp phono stage punches well above the price tag.
    Having said that my main system has a distinctly Teutonic flavour.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They've been threatening to switch off FM for twenty years now.

FM is limited to 15Khz and 50dB of dynamic range, are the DAB codecs really worse than that? I'd be surprised.

Of course there's no static at all...
    Maybe not technically, but sound wise I have several friends who have tried DAB and got rid of it.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Maybe not technically, but sound wise I have several friends who have tried DAB and got rid of it.
    Yes, I heard many such stories back when DAB was the next big thing. Never tried it myself, my 40 year old Technics tuner with rooftop aerial is adequate. Or I can listen to radio on the TV system.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dennis.

I use DVB radio constantly for comparison.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123