+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Looking for some guidance please

I'm Steve.

Try Zu Audio speakers, I have Omens and they are superb. Might be easier for you to get hold of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm David.

"Ok one more Geographic based question. I am having one heck of a time finding vinyl for a few UK based bands that I really like. Wondering if it is also difficult over there......or if this is more just a N. America issue. I have digital versions of these but I'd really like some in vinyl. Shpongle, Ott (which nobody over here seems to have ever heard of).....and I recently discovered Porcupine Tree and am totally into their early stuff at the moment. I've found one album on Amazon I can buy on vinyl. I'm pretty sure I've seen some past pics here of album covers on that "what are you currently playing" thread. Are these bands relatively available as vinyl in the UK???"

Hi Steve, re the above the UK has a pretty strong vinyl support network, and I'm constantly amazed at the vinyl that's released by relatively obscure bands, including reissues of very niche 80s and 90s bands.
    If memory serves, Porcupine Tree are ex members of one of my 80s faves, Japan. If you don't know them, check out the songs Quiet Life, Ghosts and Stateline.
    If you want to give your exciting new hifi a real workout with an even more modern album (and judging from the musical clues you;ve given) I think you might enjoy Ladies and Gentlemen We're Floating In Space by Spiritualized, from the 90s. It's due a vinyl remaster release very soon.
    If I make the lazy assumption that you'd be visiting London on your travels, and that you want to be down with the vinyl buying Kool Kidz, make sure you call in on Rough Trade record store and Sister Ray too.
    Mark Levinson 390 CD / Croft 25RS Special Preamp / Croft 7R mono Amps / Neat Ultimatum XLS Speakers

I'm Steve.

Thanks for the new music tips. That is how I first heard of Porcupine Tree. Going to see what I can dig up on Utube. If I can head overseas I will definitely be stopping over in London as I have a 95 year old aunt I've not seen for about 30 years. ....and yes 2nd hand record stores are definitely on the list.
    Current Set up:
    *Rega P6 * audia flight phono preamp * Audiolab 6000CDT * Moon Neo Ace * B&W 702 S2*

How much deeper would oceans be if sponges didn’t live there?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112