+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for some guidance please

I'm Steve.

Thanks for this.
    I was at Ikea on the wknd looking at those tables to make a stand.....I ended up electing not to. The APTITLIG butcher block cutting boards I purchased (but the ones without the groove) and today I should receive an Amazon delivery for a product similar to those anti vibration pads. (I was going to use them under the components.....but will keep these ones you mention in mind for the speakers)

Much appreciate all the investigation(s) you have undertaken.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by bbones View Post
    Besides all the good info/advice provided, you folks are very entertaining with the comments and subtle "pokes". Quite enjoy the banter.
    You'll find a fair bit of that here, all good natured though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shaun.

The most amazing device I have for maximum sonic effect is the power of prayer. It almost works as well as my Peter Belt products left over from 1988. Either that or my Mk1 disco ball.

I'm Steve.

My speakers were delivered today. I'm a bit like the proverbial kid in the candy store at the moment. LOL

Also, seeing as I was already swirling around the audiophile rabbit hole I switched the Moon 240i for the Moon Neo Ace (same system but also includes a streamer/blue tooth)

Now I have to sit down and figure out how to hook it all up. (which I will thoroughly enjoy doing......except maybe figuring out how to connect the Moon to my router....and my digital library.
    At this point I don't have a NAS drive and still in the reading phase to understand what all options may be available.

In the mean time.....I'm sitting in the living room......listening to tunes on my computer........looking at my new speakers......with a big stupid grin.

I'm Martin.

Nothing's better than new speaker day
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dennis.

Unless you are in a position in which I find myself, languishing and unsure about the results. after three years.

I'm Martin.

Sell them and get something else then. If they're not doing it for you then they're not doing it for you, No amount of rationalising can change how you feel.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Well I went to hook up my speaker cables I ordered out of the states and one of the banana clip ends was splayed open and one of the "tines" (not sure what the correct term would be) broken off. Guess I should have checked when first received.

So sitting looking at my speakers (down one cable)......emailed the company (Seattle Washington)......looked at my speakers again.......poured a Crown Royal (locally made here in Manitoba.....this will likely stir up some conversation but I do believe their Northern Harvest won best Whiskey a few years ago).......anyway....with drink in hand.....I said F**k it.......went to the local audio store and bought Audioquest Rocket 33's for triple the price of what I had ordered. ($503 Canadian) ......but I wanted to listen to my speakers........but upon return I decided to pour another Crown Royal.......and now thinking I'll just hold off and finish hooking everything up tomorrow. LOL

This is really becoming quite the adventure.

Oh and I also ordered an Audiolab 6000CDTBK CD Transport - Black for my CD's

I'm Dennis.

Yes, that is what often occurs, and it can be also a part of the 'merry-go-round'.

The 'doing it for you' may be just a conditioned response to the familiar, prompting a comfort zone. Sometimes a new reality is uncomfortable, but necessary to address in order to facilitate personal growth.

A good parallel example is IMO smoking.

Sometimes I wonder if what I am hearing is in reality more faithful to the recording than I have previously heard, and that that is the problem - perhaps because I have always heard it coloured previously, and become habituated to a coloured sound.

We could apply the statistical curves to both recording quality and replay quality. Maximum satisfaction will probably be obtained when both are in the middle of their Gaussian curves. If only the replay equipment is poor, everything will sound poor, but if the replay equipment is extremely good then only the best recordings will sound good because they are being heard warts and all, forensically.

I'm Steve.

Well it appears this is becoming a lesson in patience for me.
    Replaced the speaker cables.....followed the very straight forward directions to connect the MOON and as soon as the power switch is kicked on....it kicks out.
    Tried it connected to power conditioner, to regular fuse bar, and straight into the wall.....same result.
    Also tried it with no components connected....same result......and moved it to other house circuits......still same result.

I have to bring it back Tuesday so guess I get to look at my speakers for a few more days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast