+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6B4G Monoblocks with Hashimoto Transformers

I'm inthescottishmafia.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Nice, let us know what they are like. 6C4C is it?
    Yup.

I own a lot of triodes and NOS Tung Sol 6A3 is one of my faves. They did 6B4G too. Probably pretty much the same tube.

The Tung Sol 6A3 has a very natural, spacious easy listening nature to it that is really hard not to like. Smooth mid range and treble sounds relaxed where other valves can sound edgy. Big, generous easy going bass, too. Definitely nice.

I'm Justin.

BTW 6C4C should turn up next week. Less hopeful for the adaptors though as they are coming from HK.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

2a3 and 45 are definitely two of my favourite valves.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Justin.

My current fave is the Tesla AD1n.

Nice find on the Sylvania - good price.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by AD Audio View Post
    The earth lift system stops any earth loops happening when you connect ancillary equipment. Works incredibly well and can reduce the noise floor too
    Ahh, I see. Thanks.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    My current fave is the Tesla AD1n.

Nice find on the Sylvania - good price.
    Yes I thought so.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Justin.

Nice, let us know what they are like. 6C4C is it?
    They are excellent so far. I am quite taken back by them TBH.

Just get the most recent ones, not the older ones as I can't vouch for them.

Excellent clarity, linearity, separation, imagery and detail across the frequency range.

Warm? No. Just really clear.

Mine look like this.

Last edited by User211; 19-10-2020 at 20:48.

I'm David.

I found this ad on another well-known Forum relating to the amps:

'Up for sale are “those” 6B4G amps built by Guy Sargent and previously owned by Amdismal amongst others. I have had theses amps now for about 5 years, using successfully with my horns. I am now fully active, and as I don’t have room for 8 channels of tubes, they have been sat gathering dust. So I have decided to allow someone else to enjoy them. As you can see from the picture they aren’t a looker, but the rich midrange will make you forget about it’s looks. The previous owner, Tom, added the cherry wood surrounds to bling them up a bit. The amps will come with a number of spare tubes, currently they are using Russian power tubes, but I have USA ones it came with too. I am going to the Kegworth show, so can bring them there, too fragile to post imho. I am sure I could convince Steve57 to connect them up to his speakers in place of his PX25’s for an audition. They can be auditioned at mine in Nottingham too, (only one channel not full range as I am active). I am selling them for the same price as I bought them.'

I spoke to Guy about the amps and clearly someone got at them after he built them!

I'm Geoff.

2a3 and 45 are definitely two of my favourite valves.
    Yes. Not really planning to get back into valves in a big way, but I could be tempted by something 2A3 wise .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast