+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Tom.

Default Hello

I've a fairly modest setup and listen to electronica, jazz, singer/songwriter that kind thing.
    Kef R100
    Emotiva A100
    Schiit Mani
    Dual 505-2 + OM30

Wanting some nice speaker stands brought me here. They barely seem to exist, so I'm settling on building my own as the only ones I like are more expensive than my speakers!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi Tom,
    Welcome to AOS, i am sure you will fit right in
    Quote Originally Posted by neu View Post
    I've a fairly modest setup and listen to electronica, jazz, singer/songwriter that kind thing.
    Kef R100
    Emotiva A100
    Schiit Mani
    Dual 505-2 + OM30

Wanting some nice speaker stands brought me here. They barely seem to exist, so I'm settling on building my own as the only ones I like are more expensive than my speakers!
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Adrian.

Hi Tom,

Welcome to AoS. Nice to see a good and reliable Dual 505 in use, I purchased one when I got back into vinyl 6 years ago, great TT, can spend a lot more IMO to better one.

Cheers

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Tom. Welcome to AOS.

Nothing wrong with a "modest" setup. Having a big budget doesn't earn brownie points .

Join in any chat that interests you, there's a lot going on and it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Tom,

Yes, the Dual 505 is a very good deck, as is the Ortofon OM30 cartridge. Nothing to be modest about at all.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread