+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello From The Greensand Ridge

I'm Richard.

Default Hello From The Greensand Ridge

Hi

Joined primarily as I would like to better understand how best to go about getting my much loved Marantz CD94 overhauled – it needs more than new belts.

My equipment is old and may be split into 2 systems:

S1
    Early 90’s Linx Mono Block Amps (X6)
    Linx Pre-Amp
    Linx Tuner
    Marantz CD94II Two-Box Player & Converter
    Michell Gyrodec
    Musical Fidelity X-LPS Phono
    Linn Kaber Speakers

S2
    Alan & Heath Zone62 Mixer
    Rega Turntables X2
    Project Phono Boxes (X2)
    Alesis Master Link (Master Disc Recorder)
    Sony PCM-RG500 Dat
    Sampson Servo Amps (X2)
    Marantz Tuner
    Marantz Cassette Deck
    Celestion Ditton 25 Speakers
    Technics Reel-To-Reel Tape Machine
    Apogee Duet

My musical tastes are diverse (sorry if that sounds pompous) albeit now that I’m in my twilight years I find myself leaning more, and more towards jazz. That said the following may put a little more meat on the bones but sans any classical as that’s another story!

Patto
    60’s/70’s Library Music – UK & Italian
    60’s/70’s BBC In-Concerts & Sessions – Too Many To List
    Stretch
    Rory Gallagher
    Back Door
    Nucleus
    Soft Machine
    Cado Bell
    Moon
    Home
    Jackson Browne (Makes Dylan look positively pedestrian IMHO!)
    Roy Harper
    June Tabor
    Clapton (But only when he has a Gibson plugged into valves and switched to 11.)

Best I stop there as the list goes on and we aren’t anywhere near done with the 70’s.

Thank you for having me

K
    Last edited by struth; 07-10-2020 at 11:50. Reason: removing bullets

I'm Lawrence.

Hi Richard and welcome to the forum. I replaced the belts on my CD94 last year it was a fiddly job requiring much patience. What exactly is wrong with yours?

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Graham.

Welcome Richard, if you are near leith Hill, very nice neck of the woods.
    If you need outside help, it may be worth contacting Henry Durant (Toprepairman) who is based in nearby Fetcham. He is very knowledgeable repairer of vintage kit.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Richard. Welcome to AOS.

Interesting selection of equipment you have there, interesting choices in music too.

I've not seen anybody mention Ditton 25 speakers for a long time, despite their having possibly the finest treble quality of any Celestion speaker.

Join in the fun and chat with the members, they're all friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Hi Richard, Welcome to AoS ..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread