+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cambridge CXN V.2 question.

I'm steve.

Default Cambridge CXN V.2 question.

I'm considering getting one of these network streamers, I've been reading up on reviews etc and they appear to be very well liked. My question is although I've read that it supports Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz I've not seen any mention of Amazon Music or Amazon Music HD, as I already have Alexa devices I'm already a subscriber so I'd like to know if the CXN supports it or can it be made to support it with a firmware upgrade ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Bluesound devices support Amazon I think, their Node 2i is £399 down from £499 just now. Seems well liked. No idea of it myself I use a Pi setup and don't use Amazon.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    I'm considering getting one of these network streamers, I've been reading up on reviews etc and they appear to be very well liked. My question is although I've read that it supports Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz I've not seen any mention of Amazon Music or Amazon Music HD, as I already have Alexa devices I'm already a subscriber so I'd like to know if the CXN supports it or can it be made to support it with a firmware upgrade ?

I've just bought one of these - very impressive. I've been using Spotify connect and Tidal with good results but can't see any support for Amazon. I've found the analogue output is "so so" so I am using a digital output into my Caiman SEG with excellent results. I've only streamed with the WiFi dongle so far but am going to run an ethernet cable over the next few days

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm steve.

The lack of support for Amazon Music and the much higher price of the CXN V2 has pushed me towards the Bluesound Node 2i, its more compact footprint is also a plus point, hope to get one in about a week or so.

I'm Stephen.

I was lucky enough to get a factory refurbished one for a really good price
    I don't know about the node 2i but the ability to control the CXN from a dedicated Cambridge app for Tidal is a real plus point IMO. Spotify connect also works well from my phone. I'm about to retire my CD transports

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm John.

Can Bluesound users tell me what the built in apps are like? I ask because the built in apps for Tidal / Deezer etc use Arcam's own interface, which is cumbersome and not as good as the streaming services' own android apps. Same when using streaming services through a Naim device.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I'm steve.

Have had my Bluesound Node 2i for about 6 weeks now. Overall I've been very impressed with it, the BluOS app is pretty intuitive and easy to use, I've used it both with Spotify Premium and very recently Tidal which as expected has a sound quality edge particularly with MQA recordings, although I must admit I prefer Spotify's user interface which remembers previous searches which BluOS doesn't unless you partly type it in again.
    Must admit I wish there was a physical power button or a standby button, in the app you have 3 options for a standby timer but you can't select immediate standby, there's also nothing external on the unit to indicate if it's in standby.
    Tidal actually works better via the BluOS app whereas Spotify works best straight from its own app.
    Have also used the optical input from my Macmini which the 2i auto detects, I've also tried the USBin with an external SSD and that works faultlessly too, all the inputs appear to have consistent sound quality across the board. Good move I think.

+ Reply to Thread