+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to hear sound through pictures?

I'm Geoff.

It taught a new understanding of and appreciation for music. Acts like Floyd, Bowie, Zep, Beefheart, Airplane etc (and why Lennon was better than McCartney)! They all knew what it was about. Obviously, it had to be banned as people were enjoying themselves too much and look at the huge death toll. Oh, hang on, there weren't any!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Some heavy users did lose their marbles though. I've known a few. And then there's Peter Green, David Crosby and so on.

One bloke I knew who tried Fly Agaric one time reckoned it took him a year to feel 'normal' again. Said he was seeing triangles everywhere.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Some heavy users did lose their marbles though. I've known a few. And then there's Peter Green, David Crosby and so on.

One bloke I knew who tried Fly Agaric one time reckoned it took him a year to feel 'normal' again. Said he was seeing triangles everywhere.
    Yes, in rare cases it could cause mental issues. Generally with those who'd had previous and unrelated problems. But then so can THC.

Fly Agaric is different, it contains toxins that can have nasty effects.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes, in rare cases it could cause mental issues. Generally with those who'd had previous and unrelated problems. But then so can THC.

Fly Agaric is different, it contains toxins that can have nasty effects.
    You have to prepare the Fly Agaric carefully to mitigate that, but even if you do the psycho-active effect is very powerful.

I knew plenty of people who took LSD regularly, they all experienced mental health issues. One ended up being sectioned. I had it once and that was enough for me. Not unpleasant but not entirely pleasant either and I don't think I've ever been the same since.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I knew plenty of people who took LSD regularly, they all experienced mental health issues. One ended up being sectioned. I had it once and that was enough for me. Not unpleasant but not entirely pleasant either and I don't think I've ever been the same since.
    Just about everybody I knew back in the late sixties and early seventies used it, many of them regularly and I'm talking about hundreds of people. I only recall one who said it gave him mental problems, yet he seemed fine, well, certainly no odder than before. Maybe he just became more aware of his issues. There are tales of later stuff being adulterated though, perhaps that's what you came across. Funny thing is underdosing could be unpleasant, becoming disorientated and feeling weird but not 'turning on'.

'Far out'

I'm Martin.

Remember 'Operation Julie'?

Andy Munro is the legendary clumsy chemist described in Leaf Fielding’s ‘Tripping Policemen’ monologue on youtube http://youtu.be/WVoKFWq0-7U, who literally dropped acid and impregnated the carpet, leading to a trio of tripping policemen when the carpet was removed. On another occasion, Munro spilled a flask of nearly a quarter of a kilo of near final LSD in a wash basin. In mitigation of Munro’s clumsiness, it’s difficult to make LSD without the chemist involved tripping, and even Richard Kemp – the master LSD chemist – had an accident in his lab in the early days and ingested a huge amount of LSD.

https://operationjulie.wordpress.com...nd-andy-munro/
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12