+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to hear sound through pictures?

I'm Rob.

Default Is it possible to hear sound through pictures?

I have just been enthused by the wonderful system pics posted by Zimbo. I can hear that those speakers sound wonderful. How? Is it because I expect them to sound wonderful or is it based on experiences of similar.... or something else.

In the past I have posted vids of certain systems I have had and some say that it is pointless to do so as you cannot really get an idea of how the system sounds and is pointless. It of course depends on what you use to replay the vid as to the quality of playback, but is it worthwhile to at least hear a facsimilie of what is seen. I believe it adds to the enjoyment of what you see.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Steve.

Don't know. Might be interesting, but as you say it would be dependant upon your own replay equipment. So much stuff standing between his microphone and your ears. I'd still give it a listen though, as it would put you 'in the room' far better than just a still photo.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Well you can get speakers that look like pictures, does that help?

I do know what you mean though, I can get a fair idea of what a system is likely to sound like by the appearance of the speakers.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

In my "miss-spent yoof", I could sometimes see music, but that's something else entirely

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well you can get speakers that look like pictures, does that help?

I do know what you mean though, I can get a fair idea of what a system is likely to sound like by the appearance of the speakers.
    True a speaker's appearance will give an idea of its sound character, but just how it will sound with the associated equipment, in that particular room, not so much.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I can hear that those speakers sound wonderful. How? Is it because I expect them to sound wonderful or is it based on experiences of similar....
    It's strange, but I can agree with that. When I first saw a picture of my speakers, I just knew they would sound good. That was before I ready not a single bad word about them. I just knew from their appearance that they would be great.

Strangely it doesn't work for me if the pictures are professionally set up and shot, only if they're taken by an owner of said speakers.

Weird eh?

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    In my "miss-spent yoof", I could sometimes see music, but that's something else entirely
    And feel it
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    And feel it
    Oh yes, I forgot about that... happy days

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Alan.

In the same way you can taste colours?
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    My mates used to tell me they could see "trails" but I never saw them. I just used to see skulls or faces in all the drying out puddles when I walked home . Must have had a few bad trips

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast