Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer / Seller protection on Art of Sound.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    perhaps i was a bit aggressive but my mixing with brighton antique dealers has taught me well. my morals and old school thinking apply when im selling something. like i said its a cruel world out there.
    I hear ye, that'll toughen anyone up.

I'm much the same, HOWEVER I go by treat everyone by how you'd like to be treated yourself.. just don't cross me

I'm jamie.

yep me too,a good attribute.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Ian.

I have sold items i considered to be fully as described and then been told of a fault post sale. I have always gone out of my way to resolve the problem including refunding the full purchase price and return postage. I always clean. test and package items well so problems are very rate.

I have bought items that have been poorly packed and a few that had faults. A couple stick out, a pre amp that didnt work on one input, that cost hundreds to repair and took ages but the seller, aos member but transaction not through aos, was 200% supportive all the way.

Another many years ago on avforums where the power amp protection circuit was bad, seller and mods decided i had broken the amp using the wrong cables!!! If i had paid more attention to the sellers photos i would have seen the fault.

Ultimately it is buyer/seller both beware but most forum users have goid ethics and a reputation to maintain

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    yep me too,a good attribute.
    Me three.

I always like to give a buyer of my goods absolutely all the info, highlighting any flaws, and a full dem if applicable prior to purchase. I sold my B&W speakers this week on eBay. Buyer drove from Kent to collect; I had them playing for him to listen to, showed him the marks, told him why I was selling them, explained how they like to be partnered, gave him all the accessories and helped him into the car with them.

He was delighted. It’s how I like to buy so it’s how I sell.

There are countless great members on here, as this searchable thread attests to:

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...rs-and-sellers

I'm Nat.

No it didn’t happen on eBay I meant to put PayPal apologies for confusion The item was purchased on here and after using no more than 5 times and owning it for just over one week it now doesn’t work.

I'm Nat.

Even if I had gone to the sellers home and tested it it’s doubtful that this issue would have come up during a demo.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

That’s darn frustrating. What was the item? If you let people know, someone may be able to help you with it.

Loads of the chaps on here have armfuls of kit laying about and literally thousands of cubic feet of combined knowledge.

I'm Geoff.

I had an ebay buyer who wasn't happy, although what he'd bought was fine. I think he'd just bought something unsuitable. He messaged me saying "what are you going to do to stop me leaving negative feedback?", I pointed out that by threatening to do so he had breached ebay policy and could have his account suspended. Never heard any more! Had he been polite, I'd probably have refunded him. Git!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nat.

I’ve just contacted one of the manufacturers representatives to see if anything can be done regarding a warranty but I’m not sure if any warranty is transferable yet although as I’m the third owner buying it from someone who bought it ex dem I’m doubtful. I’m not at the point of naming and shaming yet let’s see what the manufacturer says.

I'm Mike.

Phono Stage maybe?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast