Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer / Seller protection on Art of Sound.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    so this has happened on ebay then and nothing to do with the forum yes? why would you choose to make a payment on there using pay-pal F&F method? asking to have your pants pulled down doing that.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Mike.

Bought where? eBay

From Who? Seller on eBay, no problem

Paid by? Friends and Family .. oh dear, you lost all protection there I'm afraid, HOWEVER you might still be able to take the payment back IF it's funded by your credit card.

F&F IS retractable if you go about it the correct way.

Who insisted on F & F, if it was the seller then contact eBay as he's gone against eBay seller policy.

And I just love the attitude on here, all jumping on saying serves you right, jeez I've seen at least one of them crying blue murder cos they were gazumped!

Like to see if it happened to them if they'd take the 'serves you right' attitude.

Contact eBay.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Yeah what he said....
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Kevin.

I think the OP means PayPal and not eBay?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

Buying (second hand goods) on ebay I expect them to be faulty/not as described. If it turns up and all is fine then I'm surprised and pleased. I never buy anything expensive (over £200) on ebay though so if it turns out bad I can just write it off. Can't be arsed with trawling through some 'dispute process'. Life's too short.

Bought a load of stuff on here, never had a problem so far in ten years.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I think the OP means PayPal and not eBay?
    Oh well, they're fucked then, although claiming back F & F might still be a possibility by contacting card company or bank. Be warned anyone who thinks F&F is non refundable, although time constraints would apply

Name and shame too to avoid any others on here getting caught by same seller.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Natara View Post
    At what point after a sale does a faulty item sold in these classifieds cease to become the responsibility of the seller? If you purchased an item for a little under £700 and after 10 days it began to show a fault would you expect the seller to tell you to take it up with the manufacturer because the item which was sold to them ex demo making you the third owner is still under warranty.

As the seller of the item would you reimburse in full and take it up with the company you purchased from or just wash your hands of it.

We all buy and sell on this and other forums sometimes exchanging hundreds or thousands of pounds to people who don't really know because of a trust that all parties will act honourably.
    if it went faulty 10 days after you got it that's not the seller's problem. He might still do something about it, but that's up to him. He's not under any obligation legally or, IMO, morally.

Stuff fails, could be ten years after you got it or ten days. It's the risk you take buying second-hand, offset by the fact that you are saving a bundle of money compared to buying it new.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Oh well, they're fucked then, although claiming back F & F might still be a possibility by contacting card company or bank. Be warned anyone who thinks F&F is non refundable, although time constraints would apply

Name and shame too to avoid any others on here getting caught by same seller.
    Well said and yes we need to know who the seller is ?

I'm Mike.

Actually, seller sounds like Emporium HiFi methods dealing with repairs

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

And I just love the attitude on here, all jumping on saying serves you right, jeez I've seen at least one of them crying blue murder cos they were gazumped!

Like to see if it happened to them if they'd take the 'serves you right' attitude.

Contact eBay.
    perhaps i was a bit aggressive but my mixing with brighton antique dealers has taught me well. my morals and old school thinking apply when im selling something. like i said its a cruel world out there.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast