Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Buyer / Seller protection on Art of Sound.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Really Grant? The guy posted a thread on PFM in which at least four people have faulty Neo PSUs one guy on that thread had two out of three faulty and the seller advised the buyer that it was an 'easy fix' ie switch the thing on and off for about twenty times.

Total nonsense, someone buys a nearly new TT and PSU for £700 and the seller tells him to do one and advises the buyer that he does the above then posts a thread in which intermittent faults with the PSU are being discussed, seriously?

At least Rega, reading that thread, are looking after their customers....
    That thread wasn't posted by Mauro...and the guy who said switch it of and on a dozen times, not twenty , was Mr Darwin (Rega) himself''

"Phil, please be assured that we are looking into the issue that you have reported, which occurs in a very few NEO units in our experience.

It appears to be due to a build up of static in the switch if it has not been used for a period time.

Prior to a long term production solution a quick and simple fix is to activate the switch(s) vigorously about a dozen times to clean the contacts.

Please PM me with your experiences, best, PD."
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Tony.

The link to the thread was posted by the seller presumably to cover himself but all he's done is to confirm that there are ongoing problems with the Rega PSUs, per the thread, and his advice to the seller was to sort it himself re the advice in the thread however ultimately the OP in that thread had to have a new PSU from Rega ie the 'fix' didn't work.

Don't know about anyone else but I'd be effin ragin if someone sold me something for £700 and then told me to fix it myself by switching it on an off multiple times and no I'm not taking it back.

The seller might not have known the that 'his' PSU was faulty but he's clearly aware that there are issues with the PSUs.

I know you're a mate mate but c'mon that really isn't in good faith is it?

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    That thread wasn't posted by Mauro...and the guy who said switch it of and on a dozen times, not twenty , was Mr Darwin (Rega) himself''

"Phil, please be assured that we are looking into the issue that you have reported, which occurs in a very few NEO units in our experience.

It appears to be due to a build up of static in the switch if it has not been used for a period time.

Prior to a long term production solution a quick and simple fix is to activate the switch(s) vigorously about a dozen times to clean the contacts.

Please PM me with your experiences, best, PD."

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    The link to the thread was posted by the seller presumably to cover himself but all he's done is to confirm that there are ongoing problems with the Rega PSUs, per the thread, and his advice to the seller was to sort it himself re the advice in the thread however ultimately the OP in that thread had to have a new PSU from Rega ie the 'fix' didn't work.

Don't know about anyone else but I'd be effin ragin if someone sold me something for £700 and then told me to fix it myself by switching it on an off multiple times and no I'm not taking it back.

The seller might not have known the that 'his' PSU was faulty but he's clearly aware that there are issues with the PSUs.

I know you're a mate mate but c'mon that really isn't in good faith is it?

Yes he did get a new psu, but you fail to mention, that Rega fixed the faulty unit for him. The buyer of Mauros Rega TT has been steered towards Rega..and rightfully so.

You make a lot of assumptions Tony.... I only know Mauro as someone I've purchased gear from, and he from me and he is not my mate, as you put it...You also state, he knew about the issue with this psu, maybe he did, but does that mean the unit he was selling, had an issue, he knew about it and purposely withheld that information..I think not, I believe the guy has integrity... As it happens, it does have the issue which has been highlighted and I'm sure the problem is being dealt with now, if it isn't already sorted...If only Rega had used quality components, in the manufacture of the psu from the off.

You should never assume anything, nor make accusations, until you have heard both sides of a discussion.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Tony.

Seriously, your saying that a person buys a nearly new TT & PSU and pays £700 for it by PPG and the PSU conks out or starts acting up with ten days of purchase and the buyer has to go and have the issues sorted by himself, are you seriously saying that is fine?

That is pish totally pish.

The buyer is entitled to his money back end of story.

The seller should have refunded the buyer in full then sorted the warranty issues out himself then, if he wanted to, re-sell the TT with a new PSU from Rega either purchased from them or from a warranty claim.

That above really is the crux of the matter, the buyer bought an almost new TT and it was faulty within ten days of purchase, the buyer shouldn't have to deal with this issue.

BTW, I've made no assumptions or accused anyone here but I'll tell you something I'd never buy anything from your pal.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Yes he did get a new psu, but you fail to mention, that Rega fixed the faulty unit for him. The buyer of Mauros Rega TT has been steered towards Rega..and rightfully so.

You make a lot of assumptions Tony.... I only know Mauro as someone I've purchased gear from, and he from me and he is not my mate, as you put it...You also state, he knew about the issue with this psu, maybe he did, but does that mean the unit he was selling, had an issue, he knew about it and purposely withheld that information..I think not, I believe the guy has integrity... As it happens, it does have the issue which has been highlighted and I'm sure the problem is being dealt with now, if it isn't already sorted...If only Rega had used quality components, in the manufacture of the psu from the off.

You should never assume anything, nor make accusations, until you have heard both sides of a discussion.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Thread is now closed, locked and moved to Critics Corner.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910