Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Buyer / Seller protection on Art of Sound.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    There is absolutely no comparison with buying hifi gear
    And I said I thought there was. You still part with money and take a chance.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mauro.

BTW, I just did a forum search for a Rega Planar 6 and came across an advert for one for sale recently for £700 that seller sells an awful lot of gear on here and on PFM...
    There is no need to do a witch hunt.
    I am the seller.
    And I don't like your insinuations.
    You don't know anything of the whole story.

I have been silent so far not to fuel controversy, but now that's enough.

I have been on this forum for ten years, I have sold dozens of item, never a problem, whoever bought from me knows that I have always sold quality and perfectly functional objects.

I have also bought several devices and have never complained.
    I have always found quality and fairness.

The Planar 6 was purchased in July 2020 from Orange & Lemons in London (ex-demo with receipt and full warranty) and was obviously fully functional.

Price was £675 including fully insured shipment by UPS (£25)

After 10 days, Natara wrote to me saying that the NEO power supply had problems and that he wanted to return the deck to me and be refunded.

I explained to him that I could not accept returns after 10 days of use, and that the problem was quite common and can be solved by contacting Paul Darwin of Rega customer service.
    See the following thread:
    https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...roblem.243390/

Note that Natara didn't seem interested in solving the problem, or having the item fixed, but in returning the object and be refunded.

Maybe he wasn't satisfied with the purchase, in fact after few days after receiving the Planar 6 he posted this thread on PFM:
    https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...anar-8.246378/
    why is nothing ever simple?

I'm Ray.

The police won't be interested clearly so the purchaser would have to go legal ie take the seller to court for a refund of the full amount which is a very simple process in England.
    If the item was faulty when sold and can be proved then he has a case, otherwise it would not worth pursuing and the costs and expenses are just not worth it over a £236 new item and if he lost the case then even more money lost. I would put it down to experience and move on.
    Last edited by StingRay; 05-10-2020 at 16:38.

I'm Grant.

The item wasnt faulty when sold tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The item wasnt faulty when sold tho
    Really Grant? The guy posted a thread on PFM in which at least four people have faulty Neo PSUs one guy on that thread had two out of three faulty and the seller advised the buyer that it was an 'easy fix' ie switch the thing on and off for about twenty times.

Total nonsense, someone buys a nearly new TT and PSU for £700 and the seller tells him to do one and advises the buyer that he does the above then posts a thread in which intermittent faults with the PSU are being discussed, seriously?

At least Rega, reading that thread, are looking after their customers....

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by gerlando View Post
    There is no need to do a witch hunt.
    I am the seller.
    And I don't like your insinuations.
    You don't know anything of the whole story.

I have been silent so far not to fuel controversy, but now that's enough.

I have been on this forum for ten years, I have sold dozens of item, never a problem, whoever bought from me knows that I have always sold quality and perfectly functional objects.

I have also bought several devices and have never complained.
    I have always found quality and fairness.

The Planar 6 was purchased in July 2020 from Orange & Lemons in London (ex-demo with receipt and full warranty) and was obviously fully functional.

Price was £675 including fully insured shipment by UPS (£25)

After 10 days, Natara wrote to me saying that the NEO power supply had problems and that he wanted to return the deck to me and be refunded.

I explained to him that I could not accept returns after 10 days of use, and that the problem was quite common and can be solved by contacting Paul Darwin of Rega customer service.
    See the following thread:
    https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...roblem.243390/

Note that Natara didn't seem interested in solving the problem, or having the item fixed, but in returning the object and be refunded.

Maybe he wasn't satisfied with the purchase, in fact after few days after receiving the Planar 6 he posted this thread on PFM:
    https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...anar-8.246378/
    I've dealt with Mauro several times and have always found him to be honest, fair and a gentleman. I do not believe for one second, that Mauro would knowingly sell anything that had a fault... The problem lies in the fact that, this is a common fault with this particular unit, which Rega should be looking at, imho...Once the psu issue is sorted, which I'm pretty sure will be very soon..end of story..

I'm sure I would be pretty pissed off too, after ten days of owning a recently bought used item that went wrong, but hey..you pay your money and take your chance.. There is no wrong doing involved here...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Grant.

Really Grant? The guy posted a thread on PFM in which at least four people have faulty Neo PSUs one guy on that thread had two out of three faulty and the seller advised the buyer that it was an 'easy fix' ie switch the thing on and off for about twenty times.

Total nonsense, someone buys a nearly new TT and PSU for £700 and the seller tells him to do one and advises the buyer that he does the above then posts a thread in which intermittent faults with the PSU are being discussed, seriously?

this will not turn into a slanging match. people are entitled to there opinions on this and as you see there are a few different views. ive made some personal thoughts, but in doing that i have said that in my experience there are 2 sides to almost every story like this.
    this thread will be getting moved soon as it should not really be in PE. i left it here so it got some viewings only and hence some opinions
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ray.

I would expect Rega to sort it out then. Rega are usually pretty good as I said earlier.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    I would expect Rega to sort it out then. Rega are usually pretty good as I said earlier.
    Well said Ray..It is a problem for REGA to sort out...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    Just as well for the buyer then that Rega seem to be a really good company to deal with and look after their customers although their £236 PSUs do seem to be poor quality.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast