+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My System and Listening Room

I'm John.

Default My System and Listening Room

I've lurked and occasionally posted on the forums for years now. Absolutely love the vibe and knowledge here.

I moved about 2 years ago and finally gained a decicated study / music room for music, films.

Listening chair which also works as a bed at times [IMG][/IMG]

Computer workstation with Adam A7 monitors running from a Xonar Essence STX. Ripped lossless CD's sound awesome on this and are never fatiguing via the Adams and their folded ribbon tweeters.[IMG][/IMG]

Main source is a Project Perspex 6 SB with an Ortofon Quintet Bronze [IMG][/IMG]

Phono stage is a recently aquired Big Bottle Audio and sounds fantastic to me.[IMG][/IMG]

Amplifier is a Yaqin MS-30L with Genelex Gold Lions. [IMG][/IMG]

Speakers are Tannoy Revolution XT6F in gloss white that sound a good as they look. Room is only about 4x5m but they work really well in that space.[IMG][/IMG]

There is also a Cambridge Audio Stream Magic V2 which constantly surprises me with its refined sound and works so well for internet radio and streaming from my PC.

Finally there is 75" TV on the wall for films etc which is great fun.[IMG][/IMG]

I love the room and feel very lucky to have it.
    Last edited by speedyj; 03-10-2020 at 04:45.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I'm paul.

Very nice John, it's great to have your own room. I have a room in the garden, much smaller than yours with a 65" plasma on the end wall, I doubt a 75" would fit so that's how small my room is
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Very nice John, it's great to have your own room. I have a room in the garden, much smaller than yours with a 65" plasma on the end wall, I doubt a 75" would fit so that's how small my room is
    I used to have a small cabin at the lst house. Nice in the summer but not so good in the winter when it was dark and cold outside.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Steve.

Nice speakers, but the Saturn V rocket is nicer!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Nice speakers, but the Saturn V rocket is nicer!
    Took ages to build that but worth the effort.
    Last edited by speedyj; 04-10-2020 at 09:23. Reason: My abysmal spelling!

+ Reply to Thread