+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTD - Marantz CD65 MKII KI

I'm Lawrence.

That one has the TDA1541 as well, I'm not sure the 63 KI could be described as "assertive". Of that period the 850mkii (which is an early bitstream player) is probably nearer the 63 in sound.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    Sure Mike, no problem.

I see hifishark has a few Philips CD880's for sale at very reasonable prices. These units do not need any mods to shine. It has digital output so can be hitched up to a separate DAC if you should ever need. Has an assertive musical sound.

https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=philips+cd880

Good luck with your hunting.
    Ended up getting a CD 63 se off ebay for £50! Not a ki version.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I loved the KI CD players - but the CD63 KI is still my fave (I also still have the CD6000 and SA 7001). If you can get one for reasonable money it is a worthwhile upgrade over the standard, which you can probably sell on for what you paid for it. Unfortunately these days I only really stream (or play vinyl occasionally) but I can see a time when nostalgia will kick in and the silver disk and decent players will be sought after again! (maybe!)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    Sure Mike, no problem.

I see hifishark has a few Philips CD880's for sale at very reasonable prices. These units do not need any mods to shine. It has digital output so can be hitched up to a separate DAC if you should ever need. Has an assertive musical sound.

https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=philips+cd880

Good luck with your hunting.
    I should have said, I currently use an old Mission pcm 7000, which after looking at the link you provided has the following inside:

Philips TDA1541-S1
    Philips CDM-2/10

So there we go, may'be I should get this one modded? I quite like the sound actually, but for a 30 years old player it surely needs a service.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I loved the KI CD players - but the CD63 KI is still my fave (I also still have the CD6000 and SA 7001). If you can get one for reasonable money it is a worthwhile upgrade over the standard, which you can probably sell on for what you paid for it. Unfortunately these days I only really stream (or play vinyl occasionally) but I can see a time when nostalgia will kick in and the silver disk and decent players will be sought after again! (maybe!)
    Aye, I couldn't resist the original box and promise that it's 'hardly used'! Streaming is something I just cannot get into, or even attempt to get into, even though I have had a Topping dac 01 and google thingy sat in my drawer for over a year now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12