+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Phono Stage

I'm Nat.

Default Wanted: Phono Stage

I'm looking looking to spend around £500 for a Moving Magnet Phono stage to go between Rega Planar 6 and Quad Artera pre. Cartridges are Audio Technica AT150 EA with it's original Nude Elliptical stylus and a VMN50 SH Shibata and also a Goldring 1042 GX.

The Quad Artera / Elite QSP Pre/Power is quite warm sounding already so not sure valves would work but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm Colin.

Morning Nat you h@ve the same set up as me, I have used various but just fitted an Emotiva and found it very good , surprisingly good for the money. Another alternative if you can get one was the dynavector 75, I think that was the model

I'm Mike.

Default Wanted: Phono Stage

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    Morning Nat you h@ve the same set up as me, I have used various but just fitted an Emotiva and found it very good , surprisingly good for the money. Another alternative if you can get one was the dynavector 75, I think that was the model
    I think that Emotiva I sold you is excellent and I would say even at retail it’s worth considering.

I'm Colin.

I agree it is very good , it would say at full price it’s still good value. I used whest phono as well but don’t think they come up often and I went solid state as I don’t think valve would work as well with the quads. I am sure there will be valve phonos that will work but sure they will be more expensive,
    Last edited by Colin2040; 02-10-2020 at 15:47.

I'm Lionel.

PM sent

+ Reply to Thread