+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trichord DIno

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Natara View Post
    I've had a Dino Mk1 & 2 with NCPSU and also a Mk2 with standard psu all excellent but the NCPSU was much, much better. Last week I won an auction for a Mk1 with Dino + and it's also excellent.
    Did you buy the Mk2 on eBay from someone in Brighton I did see that but knew I'd want the upgraded PSU to go with it so went with the Mk1. That was a good buy though at £185.
    No, after everyone and their aunt saying the upgraded power supply was much better I gave it a miss, another one ending soon on ebay, fingers crossed.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Just won one on ebay for £200 posted, with Dino +, description was a bit brief, hope its ok! Where do I get this 'trichord cable' from?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trichord-...rdt=true&rt=nc
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Just use the standard supplied cable, the upgraded cable only makes a subtle differences and I mean subtle.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Peter.

You will find a replacement cable off eBay for around £30-£40 IIRC, I looked at a longer cable for mine not so long ago to get the power supply further away from the pre but they were .75m I think.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Just use the standard supplied cable, the upgraded cable only makes a subtle differences and I mean subtle.
    Cable is missing, wondering how to get cheapy replacement.

I'm Mike.

Damn, my £200 Dino wasn;t such a bargain after all then!

I'm Nat.

You can sell the original PSU to cover the cost so It's still a very good buy Mike there's a company on eBay that sells a copy of the upgraded Trichord cable for around £40 or a standard for around £20.
    There are a couple of MM settings on the Dino I find the low output one better with my Audio Technica MM you can flick between the two as your playing a record so it's easy to find out.

I'm Dominic.

I’ve been moving towards more home made hifi (speakers, deck, preamp and now phono stage). Now my Bigbottle phono stage is working I have a Mk2 Dino and Dino+ sitting unused. If anyone wants to give it a new home let me know and I’ll send some pics. Any reasonable offer considered.
    It may even have the upgraded cable, but I wouldn’t swear to it as I’m not confident about the difference.

I'm Nat.

Quote Originally Posted by Domg View Post
    I’ve been moving towards more home made hifi (speakers, deck, preamp and now phono stage). Now my Bigbottle phono stage is working I have a Mk2 Dino and Dino+ sitting unused. If anyone wants to give it a new home let me know and I’ll send some pics. Any reasonable offer considered.
    It may even have the upgraded cable, but I wouldn’t swear to it as I’m not confident about the difference.
    Sent you a pm Domg

I'm Nat.

HI Dom,
    I have tried pm'ing you but not sure if your msg board is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Domg View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12