+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trichord DIno

I'm Mike.

Default Trichord DIno

With or without 'upgraded' power supply, I'm guessing it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, anyone tell me different? I got a G Slee era v jobbie, but Dino takes both mm and mc all in de one box, that's what I call music.
    Current system - Garrard 401/Mayware F4 in progress! 1210 GR/Jelco 750/Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amp - Audio Innovations S500. Audio Note J's / QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

I'm Grant.

Makes a big difference
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Iíve studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**
    "An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"
    Give me absolute control
    Over every living soul, I've seen the future, baby,
    It is murder!
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Makes a big difference
    Nooooo, I don't belieeeeev it!
    Current system - Garrard 401/Mayware F4 in progress! 1210 GR/Jelco 750/Nagaoka MP 200/Graham Slee Era V. CDP - Mission PCM 7000. Amp - Audio Innovations S500. Audio Note J's / QED XT40 speaker cable/Straight wire interconnects.

I'm Clive.

I used to own a Trichord Dino with a Never Connected Power Supply and upgraded umbilical chord. Superb Phonostage and power supply which was only beaten by a vastly more expensive Phonostage.
    Last edited by Clive197; 02-10-2020 at 15:17.
    SOURCE:Auralic Aries G1, OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/Achromat/MN Bearing/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/AT-OC9XSH or Hana ML, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
    DAC: Chord Qutest with SBooster and Ultra upgrade, Chord Mojo/Poly
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BP17-3 Pre & Bryston 4B3 Power
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7.
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W C5 v2
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker - Chord Signature. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x2, Atlas Mavros Ultra, Chord Signature Tuned Aray XLR, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital: Curious Evolved USB, Audioquest Carbon, Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 3, Chord 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: Chord Power Chord x2, Black Rhodium Libra/MK/Shurter or Wattgate x5, IsoTek Orion 6 way, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I used to have the Diablo with NCPSU and upgraded cable, the ncps does make a significant improvement! Very fine phono stage but I now use and prefer the Puresound P10 and T10.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Mike.

I'm afraid that, in this case, the upgraded PSU does make a BIG difference.
    My kit, subject to change, frequently -

TT's: Audio Grail 401, Audiomods arm and Hana SL cart, Technics SL-10 with 310MC cart
    Amps: Denon PMA-850, TVC pre / N.E.W. A60 power
    CD Players: Puresound, Micromega Stage 2, Doge 6
    Music discovery: Tidal on Cambridge Audio CXN
    Speakers: Transmission Audio M1i's
    RCM: Okki Nokki 2
    Wires: Yep - connect stuff together

Hi-Fi's pretty cool, but music's betterer

I'm Mike.

Looks like I better get the upgraded PS then, thanks folks.

I'm Peter.

Are you talking about the Dino+ power supply compared to the supplied power supply or NCPS?
    I bought mine second hand with the Dino+, I realised one day that it was not working so bought a standard supply with the intention of getting the Dino+ fixed. I then realised it had blown the slow blow fuse so it was only used briefly. I could try some comparisons and get back to you with my findings or alternatively send me a PM and we could maybe arrange a loan of my DINO+

I'm AnDreW.

Yep I had the Diablo and the NCPS, I'm afraid that I agree, it's a much better phonostage WITH the NCPS.
    SS

CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DAC Caiman SEG+15V PSU+Dorado DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe/Ebony PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE

PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modified) AMP Sondex S100 (Modified) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECKS Garrard301/401 (Bastin) Mat Teunto Bearings 301/401(Bastin) Plinth Moldovan/Bastin Arms 3009/3012(Ikeda Ag wired) SME V 12 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister v2 / Royall N SPU's CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker 10mm Cu + WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise(4 Box Modded) / EAR 834 Clone (modded)

REAL SOUND

PRE Radford SC25 (Mullard ECC83/82) POWER RADFORD STA25 Renaissance (Electroharmonix EL34) SPEAKERS Celestion Ditton 15 (Duelund Rewired/Jantzen+Duelund Recapped) CABLES Speaker - Duelund AWG 12IC - Belden 8402+Switchcraft RCA

I'm Nat.

I've had a Dino Mk1 & 2 with NCPSU and also a Mk2 with standard psu all excellent but the NCPSU was much, much better. Last week I won an auction for a Mk1 with Dino + and it's also excellent.
    Did you buy the Mk2 on eBay from someone in Brighton I did see that but knew I'd want the upgraded PSU to go with it so went with the Mk1. That was a good buy though at £185.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast