+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for October!

I'm Alex.

The tree in question is in the road (pavement, which it has lifted) along the side of my property. It's a silver birch, 5 feet from my 6 foot high boundary wall, and about 10 foot from the actual house. It towers above the roof and gutters of the two storey house. I tried to phone the local CAB many times today, couldn't get through.
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    ^^^^ I wasn't sure of my thinking; but I agree that local authorities are pretty worthless and try to avoid any costs (doesn't seem to bother them when it comes to building and furnishing their offices, salaries for managers/"leaders" etc) - time for a new thread
    I agree, I think I had previously started a thread about my tree problem.
    Spendorman

I'm guy.

I love silver birch, very elegant but loads of pollen and seeds - we have one in our garden and masses of seeds float in during late summer. Shallow root system, but they do take a lot of water from the soil. 10 foot from the house is too close in my view, 30 would be better.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Steve.

As I said in an earlier post, the councils have paperwork with tables showing permitted proximity of buildings to the various types of tree (oak, beech, sycamore etc). This may contain information which would help support your case
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Another tedious troublesome tree tale: several years ago I fitted a new door for a guy who lived in a terraced house on a tree-lined street - the tree was about 2.5 metres from his property, and though there didn't seem to be a problem with the roots, the upper branches were almost touching his bedroom window and he couldn't see bugger all out of that window.

Council did sod all about it, so he told me he was going to go out one night, drill some holes in the trunk and squirt diesel into the holes. I certainly wouldn't advocate such action, the guy was a little bit mental - he also boasted of fettling his air rifle to run at about 35 ft/lbs, and could shoot holes through a steel dustbin. He's probably in prison by now.

Don't know how the tree went on, I should take a drive down there sometime.

Anyway, bit of a damp start to the day, but pretty mild. T shirt weather ( with a cagoule)
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm sorted.

Pleasant morning, just took a stroll round my estate, an energetic ten seconds

I'm Grant.

9c and fairly dark today. i have somehow hurt my walkingstick arm so wont be moving about much anyway, so fortunately took car for a run yesterday and its getting picked up tomorrow to go to dealers...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Looking forward to sweeping all these up when they end up in my front garden

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    As I said in an earlier post, the councils have paperwork with tables showing permitted proximity of buildings to the various types of tree (oak, beech, sycamore etc). This may contain information which would help support your case
    Thank you.
    Spendorman

I'm Martin.

No tree or leaf problems here as the council hate trees and cut them all down. I think they would defoliate the entire city with Agent Orange if they thought they could get away with it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast