+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for October!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    I agree about tea abroad, most of it is stewed. They don't understand what stewed is. Some countries only have longlife milk, which is uck.
    If you go to India you might get tea served with yak milk. Possibly you'll throw up a while later.
    Dave

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    We used to have a Canadian at work, she hated english winters although she was used to much colder weather, I think it was the damp that got to her, seems Canada is much drier cold. Also know someone who went from UK to Canada but could not hack, had breathing problems and had to come back. I looked at California temps this week and they are around 33/34C max, which seems hot for mid October. Probably quite dry heat but even so, I prefer around 20C. I know people in Thailand, they don't really like the heat and they are used to it.
    Depends which parts of California you look at. Some are very dry - which makes 33/34C really quite cosy and very manageable. Raise the humidity and it would be unpleasant. For example, travel from CA to Hawaii - the temperature will go down but the humidity will go up - yuk!

Back in CA it has been known to freeze later on though - allbeit fairly rarely. Obviously it'll go below zero up the mountains - but I mean at low altitudes. Tends to ruin the citrus crops - and probably the grape crops too, which is something which also afflicts UK vineyards.
    Dave

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    If you go to India you might get tea served with yak milk. Possibly you'll throw up a while later.
    Tibetan tea is, and let's be diplomatic, an "acquired taste". However their barley beer, called 'Chang' is quite refreshing and enjoyable - bet they don't serve that in Las Vegas.

Incidentally, some think Iceland was so named as to deter visitors from what was a hermitage founded by monks from Ireland (there is written evidence, but no archaeological evidence for this), whereas Greenland was so named to attract settlers. Ironically Iceland is greener than Greenland, and Greenland has more ice than Iceland.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Tibetan tea is, and let's be diplomatic, an "acquired taste". However their barley beer, called 'Chang' is quite refreshing and enjoyable - bet they don't serve that in Las Vegas.

Incidentally, some think Iceland was so named as to deter visitors from what was a hermitage founded by monks from Ireland (there is written evidence, but no archaeological evidence for this), whereas Greenland was so named to attract settlers. Ironically Iceland is greener than Greenland, and Greenland has more ice than Iceland.
    Simply a case of demand. I bet they don't get too many Tibetan gamblers - I don't like t'bet, but I'd put money on that
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Greenland is huge, but unsurprisingly very sparsely populated. Rather like north eastern Russia (what a godforsaken place that is, largely frozen swamp).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Actually tea in India was not bad and can be quite spicy, quite like those clay cups they used, better than plastic. Don't think I've had it with yak milk though. India runs on tea.

Would I want to live there, no thanks, but it is interesting if somewhat challenging country to visit, I would like to go back.

I'm Robin.

Dry so far today about 7c
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

sunny and 8c here
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Dry so far today about 7c
    Yes dry here for a change. Seems like it has been a wet week but actually it has not been that wet, only about 12mm and the next few days look dry but cloudy.

Yesterday was meant to have been heavy rain but we got hardly anything.

I'm Geoff.

Bright and not too cold, but there are dark clouds building up. Think I'll take the pooch for a mooch before we get rain.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast