+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for October!

I'm Stephen.

Watch out for Wednesday

The remains of hurricane Epsilon could play havoc with coastal regions for the next 48 hours.

Some weather reports suggest it will blow out, but I prefer to take my chances with some seaweed and this site.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#2020/1...-23.428,49.603

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I used to make weedkiller bombs when I was a kid .
    I used to shoot mice inside cardboard boxes with an air gun. That was fun, as was catching wasps and making them 'jump' with the current from a battery charger.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW18.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel Hopper View Post
    Watch out for Wednesday

The remains of hurricane Epsilon could play havoc with coastal regions for the next 48 hours.

Some weather reports suggest it will blow out, but I prefer to take my chances with some seaweed and this site.

Nothing like a good blow. to clear the cobwebs.
    Sent by me using my finger

Analogue: SME Model 15, SME V tonearm, ART 9 XI cartridge, EAR Yoshino Phono Box, Luxman 509X amplifier, Spendor S5E loudspeakers.

Digital: Oppo UDP-105 Bluray, OPPO BDT-101CI, iFi ZEN Blue.

Cables by Kimber. Generic supertweeters. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Channel Hopper View Post
    Watch out for Wednesday

Good site, I've saved it. Does look like a big one out in the Atlantic.
    Current Lash Up:

*Audiolab 6000CDT* SoncozSGD1 * Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Geoff.

I've been using this for some time.

https://www.ventusky.com/
    The word is 'valves' in this country, not tubes. Tubes are what Smarties come in!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've been using this for some time.

https://www.ventusky.com/
    That's the one I use
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. Errol Flynn

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I just rely on the BBC weather forecast - that and my trusty pine cone!
    Barry

I'm Steve.

My usual method of looking out of the window has proved unreliable lately
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, BOW Wazoo XL, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Martin.

Raining all day is forecast. 7c right now.
    Current Lash Up:

*Audiolab 6000CDT* SoncozSGD1 * Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just up, and 9C here, dry but overcast. So let's see what joys today holds!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW18.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast