+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silvercore 833c Monoblocks

I'm David.

Default Silvercore 833c Monoblocks

[IMG][/IMG]
    For sale a pair of these amazing monoblocks. These amps will appeal to those who love aesthetics as much as good sound. Your dinner parties will enjoy the conversation piece of 20 watts of single ended magic and the Van de Graaf looks. 833 transmitter valves provide the output driven by a pair of EL34s and a silver-wired input transformer. Attenuation by a front panel knob means these can be used as integrated amps. The amps operate silently and coolly. The output tube is capable of 1800 watts but is tuned to deliver 20 watts and is cooled by a whisper fan. These amps will drive virtually any speakers as the review below indicates (where the reviewer was using tannoys). Any demo possible. Pick up only as these came in plastic crates so do have boxes. I will also travel up to 100 miles for a swap etc.

£6,500

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ght=silvercore

I'm Justin.

Proper 833 20m radio transmitter with mercury vapour rectifiers.

https://youtu.be/ySxk9EOWdJg

I'm gordan.

Is this a Tom's amp?
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisgrau View Post
    Is this a Tom's amp?
    These were owned by Tom. We swapped my Leben, which he'd previously owned too, for these, as he felt the Leben had more bottom end grunt than these with his difficult to drive Tannoys

I'm David.

I've had a few messages asking why I'm selling these........In our household we have three pairs of monoblocks-my wife's Mastersound 845s, my own build Radford sta100 monoblocks, and these, not to mention a Radford sta 100 stereo, and a Radford sta 15. One household simply cannot use so many amps. There's little between the three pairs of monoblocks in terms of sound quality: of course they are different and have differing drive capabilities and output power but there is no better or worse. I can't sell the Mastersounds and I built the Radford sta100 as my statement amps, so want to hang on to those.

I'm David.

And to cut off a few more questions, these amps are autobias, so no adjustments are necessary. The life of the 833 tube is described as more or less indefinite at the rated power output and the EL34 driver valves should last 5 years or so, or longer, as they are run at a much lower dissipation than when used as output valves.

I'm Ked.

These are fantastic monos. I have heard them at Tom's and that was one of two times I have liked Tannoys - I thought they were quite superior to his Radford 25 and Radford 100 in Tom's. I have also heard these on Pnoe (AER BD4) with compares to Thomas Mayer 45/2a3. I have heard them on Devore Orangtuan O 96 and compared them to various amps including Jadis integrated 100w, and have compared them to Thoress on hORNs Universum. Also heard them on Silvercore's own horns. I am a fan.

I strongly suggest evaluating them with his stock lower priced Chinese EL34 before you try others. I have compared those to Telefunken dual getter in these amps and he had voiced it musically to his Chinese tubes.

I'm David.

Weekend bump

I'm David.

Price reduced to £5,950 for quick sale

I'm Mel.

Certainly can’t be a cooler looking set of mono’s, sadly out of my price range, but one can always dream!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast