+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from a Connoisseur BD2 Deck

I'm Rick.

Default Hi from a Connoisseur BD2 Deck

Hi

New here and looking for help getting my 70s Hi-Fi system running again. It consists of a Connoisseur BD2 deck, Rogers Ravensbrook amplifier and Celestion 15 speakers. All of this is now fully operational but the belt is slipping playing LPs. At 45 rpm singles play correctly.

I will be posting my question on https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...rntable/page11

Cheers

Rick
    Last edited by Baldrick; 29-09-2020 at 19:00. Reason: amend url

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Rick.

Nice '70s system you have there. What is the arm and what cartridge are you using? Also what are your tastes in music?

Regarding the slipping belt, it might be that the belt has stretched slightly.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Rick.

Hi Barry

It's the standard SAU? (I think) with a Shure M75EJ Type 2 - I'm probably going to need a replacement for that (which is something else for me to think about). I've always tracked it at just above 1.5g so my vinyl from the mid-70s should still be in a healthy state.

My musical tastes are far and wide. From all my early 60s stuff through to today's music - I'm still attending festivals (not this year though ).

I suspect the belt has stretched beyond its limits but I'm going to try some Belt Dressing spray or grease on it before I work out what is the best one to replace it with.

Cheers

Rick

+ Reply to Thread