+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale Revolver Cygnis Speakers

I'm Peter.

Default For Sale Revolver Cygnis Speakers

Got these recently from an AOS er and they sound really good. The properties that stand out for me is clarity and tone. Instruments and voices sound just 'right'. Voices in particular have a fullness and body about them that I have not heard from any other speakers. I listen to a lot vocal music especially female vocals so this is right up my music street.
    Can see why Hi-Fi World described them as, ' A superb monitor that is like a mini B&W 801D in many ways '.
    So its been a tough decision to move them on. As good as they sound on the end of my modest powered amps, Im sure they have a lot more to give and to do so I reckon they need some amps with more juice. The previous owner had very good results from 80W of amp. Im on a path to low/medium powered valve amp so better to let somebody with a suitable system get to experience more of what they have to offer, in such a system I'm pretty sure these can be end game speakers.
    Think these sold for £6000 back in the day.
    http://www.stereotimes.com/speak102309.shtml
    https://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/index.p...avourites.html

This pair is in full working order and in very good condition. Original boxes,spikes, Chord jumpers.
    £1500 collected from Cheshire.

I'm Steve.

Nice, I reckon you should swap these for some Audionote Ks��

I'm Anthony.

These where mine , they are amongst the best in the world , but like anything you need to feed them the best to get it , they also require room at least 12ft width min 13 ft or above would be better they only need 18 inches from rear wall and a min 2 ft from side wall 3 ft better they sound best with warmer sounding equipment , so not for the sterile lover , these where 8k new .

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourney View Post
    Nice, I reckon you should swap these for some Audionote Ks��
    Never heard any Audionote speakers so that is a possibility for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Glb View Post
    These where mine , they are amongst the best in the world , but like anything you need to feed them the best to get it , they also require room at least 12ft width min 13 ft or above would be better they only need 18 inches from rear wall and a min 2 ft from side wall 3 ft better they sound best with warmer sounding equipment , so not for the sterile lover , these where 8k new .
    Even with my modest powered amps I could hear how good they were. If I wasnt on the yellow brick road chasing the low power valve amp rainbow, I would keep these, find some suitable amps and be done with it.

I'm Anthony.

if your room was a little more suitable that would be my advice , how ether as we spoke your room is not ideal for them , any one with a decant size room , high quality warm sounding amps and sources , buy these . i and a few wammers preferred these over the 20k magicos .

I'm Peter.

Glb you probably right, the room may have been a tad too small.

I'm Peter.

Now sold

+ Reply to Thread