+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluesound Node 2i streamer

I'm Ben.

Default Bluesound Node 2i streamer

I've just bought a bluesound Node 2i streamer and am interested in any discussion on it.

https://www.bluesound.com/products/node/

particularly anything related to set up, getting the best out of it, upgrades etc.

Looking forward to hearing the views of current owners.

I've so far only had a few brief play with it last night but initial impressions are that it sounds better than my previous streaming set up.

cheers

Ben
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Sorry Mods can you move this to digital section pls.

cheers

Ben
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ray.

I have a Node 2 which I bought about 1 month ago. On another forum quite a few users are buying an interface and then using DC power either with a SMPS or LPS.

I take it you are using the Node DAC? Some recommend using the fixed volume. I'm pretty pleased with it but I use an external DAC.

What are you streaming on it?

I'm Ben.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply, so far I'm v impressed with the node. I'm mainly using spotify with it but I've also got a free trial of amazon hd as well which does sound better but I'm not sure il bother keeping it when the trial is up as I like the convenience of spotify and I've been invested in it a long time now.

I use the dac in the node (with fixed vol) but I guess I should try it through my young dac to see if it improves it. However I was looking to reduce my box count in the long run.

I'd be interest to here more info on power supplies.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I'm Howard.

As alluded to above, there is a huge (95+ pages) discussion/rant/argument about applying power supplies to the Bluesound Node 2i on the Wam. (Just google it comes up at the top). Some DIYers have found that by spending a couple of hundred quid on Fidelity Audio power supplies and tweaking your Node 2i you can get a big leap in sound quality (or not, depending on your view). The DIY tweak is apparently straightforward and a look at the Fidelity Audio website reveals they are already onto it, releasing a number of products themselves which incorporate the tweak in a new Node 2i. If you can find the result of the argument (ie whether it's worthwhile or not) you're more committed than I am. I read a reasonable proportion of the thread as I have the same interest as you. I need a new streamer and many seem to be pointing to Node 2i, especially with mods, as the best sub-£1000 (or more) option.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    As alluded to above, there is a huge (95+ pages) discussion/rant/argument about applying power supplies to the Bluesound Node 2i on the Wam. (Just google it comes up at the top). Some DIYers have found that by spending a couple of hundred quid on Fidelity Audio power supplies and tweaking your Node 2i you can get a big leap in sound quality (or not, depending on your view). The DIY tweak is apparently straightforward and a look at the Fidelity Audio website reveals they are already onto it, releasing a number of products themselves which incorporate the tweak in a new Node 2i. If you can find the result of the argument (ie whether it's worthwhile or not) you're more committed than I am. I read a reasonable proportion of the thread as I have the same interest as you. I need a new streamer and many seem to be pointing to Node 2i, especially with mods, as the best sub-£1000 (or more) option.
    I think I've read portions of that same thread and also picked up on the fidelity audio "upgrades". Id probably want to hear a modded one first before doing anything to mine tbh as im very happy with it already. Saying that I read through the DIY board change (to allow for an uprated power supply i think) info and it looks easily enough to do.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Matt.

I reckon it’s a very decent unit. The BluOS app is one of the best out there. The SQ is excellent for the money, & I think you’d have to spend double the price to get another streamer that sounds significantly better.
    I’ve never heard any of the mods for it.

I'm Ray.

Some people are using the interface with an iFi power supply which are around £50 new. There is an interface made in Poland, which can be bought on ebay for around £90 inc. postage. The FA one is about £135 inc. postage. I think the test on WAM will be using the polish one and will involve about 8 different power supplies.

I'm Rockabilly.

Default Do it, do it, do it...

I shove the ones and zeros from my Node2i into a Rega DAC.
    I use the BluOS app to listen to my Qobuz collection, internet radio and podcasts.
    It has replaced a Squeezebox Touch - my first love of the streaming type.
    I use the Node for several hours per day - and being teased with appreciable sonic improvement is making me giddy.
    It appears that installation of the interface pcb is reversible, so that's some comfort to the unconvinced.
    Before I surrender cold cash money, I'm waiting for someone whose opinion I respect to sacrifice themselves and post the outcome here.
    Johnny Dodgem.

Cartridges vintage MMs including Pickering xsv-4000/xsv-3000 : Stanton 881s/D81 : AT140LC/VMN40ML
    Spinners hot rod 1210 (Jelco 750D, Origami, Ammonite, Longdog, Vantage, Achromats) : Pye G63 & Garrard AT6 : Two full custom Lencos : Kenwood KD-650D
    Streaming Qobuz : BluOS & Node2 (Fidelity Audio modified) : RME ADI-2 DAC
    Pre-amps Tron Seven (GT modified) : Conrad Johnson EV1 : Croft Micro 25 : Decware ZStage
    Power Amps PrimaLuna ProLogue 5 (KT120) : PrimaLuna ProLogue 4 (KT77)
    Speakers The Edingdale : Meadowlark Hot Rod Shearwater

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    The Fidelity Audio upgrade with LPS is much more than a couple of hundred quid unfortunately, I think the cheapest option is £415. There are cheaper options which I’m considering, which will be around £140.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast