+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Little treasures - shots of your phono cartridges

I'm Robert.

You've definitely indulged in some very nice carts Sascha ! What's the Windfeld Ti like ?
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Sascha.

Hello Robert,

Iīm a fan of Ortofon cartridges and a long time the "Venice" with itīs fine coloured and defined sound was my favorite, itīs like an SPU in a tailor made suit..... and then came the Windfeld Ti. This cartridge do everything a touch better, not so much coulours, but the "suit" fits already a little better. Thatīs a big Ortofon......

best regards
    Sascha

I'm Sascha.

another favourit....

Shelter 901 III

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Wow, Barry... I didn't know you had so many cartridges!

What's your favourite, or perhaps rather the one you reach for most (spends most time playing your records) - and has done most over an extended period of time?

I don't mean your current favourite, but rather the one that you usually always return to after a period of change.

Marco.
    Difficult question to answer Marco, but probably an EMT (with fine line stylus) or an early Ortofon (SPU or SL15E). For fixed-coil cartridges I'm very fond of the AKG P8ES, as well as the Decca Mk.VI.

But my absolute favourite (at the moment) is the Ikeda C9 III a cantileverless moving coil design; this combines the best features of the Decca design with that of a good moving coil cartridge.
    Barry

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    Hello Robert,

Iīm a fan of Ortofon cartridges and a long time the "Venice" with itīs fine coloured and defined sound was my favorite, itīs like an SPU in a tailor made suit..... and then came the Windfeld Ti. This cartridge do everything a touch better, not so much coulours, but the "suit" fits already a little better. Thatīs a big Ortofon......

best regards
    Sascha
    Thanks Sascha, I'm a Big Ortofon fan too having previously ran a 2M Black mm, Quintet Black mc and Cadenza Black mc now re-tipped with Fritz Gyger S profile and found them all to be excellent when set up properly.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Sascha.

Hi Robert,

where did you get the retipping of the Cadenza done? Iīve got also a Cadenza Bronze with worn stylus and the Gyger S seems to be a good shape for rebuilding Ortofons....

have a nice weekend!
    Sascha

I'm ahto.

Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Sascha.

Kiseki Blue Goldspot

best regards
    Sascha

I'm Sascha.

Dynavector XX-2

best regards
    Sascha

I'm Sascha.

Good evening,

comes to me from A.O.S....... Goldring Excel GS

have a nice weekend!