+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which cheaper and smaller Tannoys are worth a punt..?

I'm matt.

I first had the excellent Tannoy system 10 DMT studio monitors, and then downsized to the Tannoy 611 mk2. They were absolute rubbish in comparison.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinspain View Post
    Big Tannoys are held on high, but what about the smaller dual concentrics - anyone know which are worth a try should I ever stumble upon any ?
    There are some DC100's on ebay at £500-ish, is that too much ?
    These may be well worth considering, the 6.2's were well received and got great reviews, see https://www.audioappraisal.com/tanno...on-6-2-review/

these are for sale https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/s...nnoy%2Bspeaker
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll bear all the info in mind, but it seems that any plans may be on hold for a wee while as another plan looks like coming together shortly - some other drivers I've been waiting for are on their way shortly.

I'm Laurie.

Briefly had the smallest 6 series , got a bit lost in a large room and liked oodles of power, but sweet and lyrical little boxes, easy to forget about. Fussy over height of stands I recall.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12