+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Headphone survey

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

White Noise Audio Mk3 amp:
    Beyer DT990 Pro - general use, good all-rounder for the money and hardy when dropped
    Sennheiser HD600 - critical and detailed, for classical and acoustic
    Denon AH-D2000 - warm and rich, for rock 'n' roll

AKG Y50 wired - for on the move

Pete

I'm Sandy.

PSB M4U1
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Tight (not on the head), fast, neutral, comfy, very open for closed back design, sound a bit like listening to speakers ie well away from yer lugs (ears)
    I took them out to photograph and found the ?plastic coating of the headband was perishing! Hence the stock image, sorry...

I'm Geoff.

I use Beyer DT150. Better than everything else I've tried.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Rich.

Audio Technica ATH-M50X

For use with my Pioneer DDJ controller.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Grant.

Nuraphones. Best I've used.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nuraphones. Best I've used.
    I would imagine their ear interface is something one either loves or hates.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Bruce

Theories are not so much answers as questions, to be supported or undermined by experience & testing.

Source: Audiolab 6000CDT > Calyx 24/192 DAC
    Amplification: Pass-design B1rev2 pre-amplifier > Neurochrome Modulus 686.
    Loudspeakers: Proac Response 1SC
    Cables/stands: spkr: MIT MH-750 biwire; IC: HT Truthlink; Target stands, sand-filled; Excel Cat6A 23AWG UFTP & 1attack.de Cat.7 SFTP.
    Other: Balanced AC transformer to hydra mains distr; Bass traps & Acoustic panels; Isolation: Inner tube & roller bearings; 3xZyxel ES104A switches in series w/Vreg upgrades.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by brucew268 View Post
    I would imagine their ear interface is something one either loves or hates.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    initially yes, you do wonder if you can handle them, but that soon passes when you get the fit right and your ears get used to it. a bit like getting a filling.. it feels wrong for a while then it just vanishes. sound is astonishing, and although ive tried, i cant stand the sound of normal cans now. my oppo planers are great but not really used now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Pavel.

Hifiman HE-400s - very nice but their 20 Ohm impedance makes them difficult to drive for current-starved headphone amplifiers
    Fostex T50Rp Mk3 with Mayflower mods (also very nice but even more difficult to drive)
    Koss KSC75 with PartsExpress headband and large earpads (ridiculously good sound for peanuts)

Apple AirPods Pro - best comfort and user experience on the market, but they're not really suitable for high quality music reproduction. I mostly use them for Zoom calls and while out and about.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I drive the Ethers directly from my OTL, just have suitable resistors in series and parallel in a wee box which connects to the speaker terminals of the amp and has a 4 pin XLR connector for the cans. Sounds superb, though run this way the cans are less sensitive than my speakers lol.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nuraphone's.. best ive heard
    Your words have been reverberating around my head for the last few days... I finally gave in and subscribed. v.excited to listen to them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast